Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODFARM 2.57 + UX2 Buzzing/Humming/Annoying Noise

ehrenn

Hi Guys, This is my first post and I have looked alot elsewhere for answers however every answer I find is quite vague or nonexistent and leaves me hoping that I could fix this issue.

I use the UX2 combined with PODFARM 2.57, an ASUS laptop, FL Studio and many guitars, bass and vocals almost every day.

Whilst I usually have a good time, the constant buzzing when using distortion is starting to annoy me. Infact, now I can hear the frequency present most of the time in distorted tracks. This, depending on amp sim, happens in a few different ways. Either a distinct hum/buzz/fuzz after a distorted note has been plucked and then muted i.e. when alot of noise is present and stops abruptly, or on a long drawn out note the buzzing can be heard as the guitar gets quieter. 

I have attached a few files, the PODFARM settings I used and an MP3 with the unwanted noise. I used a custom tone in the first chugs, This Is Absolution in the drawn out chord after the chugs, and the final drawn out chord is Heavy-Disto-1-11

Thanks in advance for any help, I would love to know if it is something I am doing wrong, or if other people are having these same issues. It would be great to know that there isn't anything wrong with the UX2 itself and maybe just software, as I am recording DI guitars to send to a studio to be re-amped, and I would hate to think the DI tracks I am recording are "corrupted" by the UX2.

Thanks again!

this-is-absolution.l6t

Heavy-Disto-1-11.l6t

BuzzBuzz.mp3

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sending the dry tone from PODFARM/UX2 to the computer so I can then run an amp simulator afterwards so I'm not locked into a certain tone.

I'm worried the UX2 is faulty/not to the standard i'm looking for as I've tried dabbling in LePou Amp and Cab sims and i'm getting a similar, yet much less noticable result.

I get some of the noise that I think you are referring to with those patches, only tried one guitar so far.

But I don't think anything is wrong with you're UX.

You could try normalize your dry track in your DAW to see if it sounds ok.

But I think what you're hearing is mostly a combination of the gates and compressors exaggerated my the hi gains in your chains, with possibly a bit of interference,

a wireless router, or ???

On my system if I focus in on the noise floor I can hear all kinds of "computer chatter".

Hi, Thanks for testing that for me!

I have all wireless functions turned off when I record. Normalising the track doesn't seem to do much either. There is a buzzing persistent if I have no amp sim loaded and just a DI. It's faint, but it's there.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Similar problem here,  I use Line 6 UX2 for about 8-9 months. Suddenly it began to make an annoying sound like whistling even if I tried to hear a song from Winamp.

The strange thing is  that sometimes the sound card works just fine....(after I have made several attempts to change the usb ports, this may last 1or 2 hours).

I feel like I throw the dice and wait for when to fetch sixes.... :)

Since Line 6 UX2 works (at will), this means that it has nothing to do with drivers, updates etc.

USB cable is fine, I have checked it with the multimeter. I was very careful with the card, never dropped down.

What can cause this?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

• 3 months later...

Mine always cuts the sound off. Did re-install the drivers and application but it's all the same. USB driver on my pc has a bang though it has nothing to do with it. Whenever I changed setting in the podfarm 2.59 via HELP > HARDWARE AND DRIVER SETTING > CHANGE BUFFER SIZE TO THE MIDDLE OR MAX > WHETHER DEFAULT BUFFER SIZE is 512 OR 1024 AND DEFAULT BUFFER DEPTH IS 16 OR 24. IT ALWAYS CUTS THE SOUND AND MY DISTORTION PRESET GOES HAYWIRE. NOT TO MENTION IT HUMS SO BAD AFTER I THROW IN SOME RIFFS. ANYONE WANNA GET ME OUT OF THIS MISERY?