Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x/Firehawk question

nremondelli

I really enjoyed the Firehawk but ultimately I returned it because it had issues. Hypothetically speaking, the 500x is capable of the same tones and more, correct?

And here's a bonus question. I know it isn't class compliant, but can I run it through an iRig to record on my iPad and will it sound good?

The HD500x is the better unit, in terms of using it as a musician. Any tone that can be made on the FH can be made on the HD. The opposite cannot be said. 

It doesn't do computer stuff. With the exception of the little computer stuff that it does. 

Someone can answer specifically about your Guitar Hero games, because I haven't a clue what those things are. But for the most part, you aren't using an HD for that sort of stuff. So don't be disappointed when they answer. 

I really enjoyed the Firehawk but ultimately I returned it because it had issues. Hypothetically speaking, the 500x is capable of the same tones and more, correct?

And here's a bonus question. I know it isn't class compliant, but can I run it through an iRig to record on my iPad and will it sound good?

There is overlap between then HD500X and the Firehawk, but the modeling is pretty different in each. The Firehawk has the HD amp models, but it only has the XT/X3/Pod farm cabs. All the cabs on the HD are HD. So that may mean that there are some tones the Firehawk does that don't necessarily translate perfectly to the HD500X. Ultimately, though, the 500X is more flexible the than the Firehawk in terms of routing and tweakability.