Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HDx500 High Pitched Squeal, need assistance

Hello all, my lead patch is creating a high pitched squeal when I touch the strings with my right hand or anytime the wah is engaged. I've tried multiple ways to attach the file here so someone could take a look but the forum won't allow me to do so, which is odd, I guess.

Anyway, I am reluctant to up the noise gate more because it is a lead patch and I am afraid of losing sustain. If there is a place I could put the file to show you, that would be great. Otherwise, any suggestions?

Hello all, my lead patch is creating a high pitched squeal when I touch the strings with my right hand or anytime the wah is engaged. I've tried multiple ways to attach the file here so someone could take a look but the forum won't allow me to do so, which is odd, I guess.

Anyway, I am reluctant to up the noise gate more because it is a lead patch and I am afraid of losing sustain. If there is a place I could put the file to show you, that would be great. Otherwise, any suggestions?

I would use a gate not worry about sustain but if you are use the blue comp it has sustain there, you might want to lower your pick ups and drive also

Good luck