Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd POD 500X

apappadopoulos

Absolutely. 

But please note: 

You will probably hear a different tone from your guitar amp then what you hear from the pa. This is not because the pod puts out different signals. It is because the guitar amp will 'color' the tone differently than your pa. 

But outside of that, yes, you can absolutely use the xlr, 1/4", and headphones, at the same time, without any change to the individual signals. 

I do it, but with a FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) stage setup, not a guitar amp. Went away from guitar amps years ago for the reasons that pianoguyy noted above. With FRFR you hear what the PA FOH hears, with minor variation of course depending on the differences between your FRFR setup and the PA -- they don't all match exactly, but it much closer than guitar amp versus PA tonalities... Also with my setup it is lighter and eats less stage real estate... Doesn't look as cool as a stack of Marshals, but my back is happier...

Dave

For example, you probably have the HD500 setup for Studio/Direct to get the amp/cab sims for the FRFR PA system via XLR. This same signal, via 1/4",  would be going to your guitar amp, which does not require nor need the amp/cab sims but is getting them none the less. It may sound pretty muddy and strange out of the guitar amp but fine out of the PA.