Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500x and Digitech Trio

nremondelli

yes, you can record the Trio beats through the POD.  Pretty awesome pedal right? 

FYI, I set mine up with a dual amp patch.  I run all my guitar signal through path A with a full amp model.  In path B I use a preamp model to feed a clean signal to the Trio through the FX Loop.  On the Trio put a dummy jack in the Amp output and feed the Mixer output back to the FX Return.  Put a reverb block after that to add a little depth to your drums and bass.  Put the mixer as the very last thing in the chain and center both channels.  Sounds great!

Sample patch - http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1118266/

• Upvote 1

Interesting! I was thinking about plugging a guitar into Trio as it supposed to be, then send Amp out to POD's guitar in, and Mixer out to FX loop's return. No need for a preamp on path B in this case. I haven't got mine yet, though, so I'm theorizing. 

that will probably work too.  I forgot I set mine up that way because I use a JTV-69 with the VDI connection...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that will probably work too.  I forgot I set mine up that way because I use a JTV-69 with the VDI connection...

I got my Trio and finally put it to the FX loop in the beginning of the chain, because Trio doesn't bypass sound when it's turned off. I don't use it all the time, and I don't see a reason to have it turned on when I don't use it, so FX loop is a way to avoid replugging guitar cable. Trio's amp out goes to FX return, mixer out goes to the mixer.

• 6 months later...

The Trio's Amp Out goes to the POD's FX Return?
The Trio's Mixer Out goes to the "mixer"? What "mixer", the POD mixer?
This way, it isn't better to have 2 paths? One (A) for the guitar sound and another ( B) for the FX Loop containing the sound from the Trio?
And how to cable all this?
I am still waiting for my Trio, the new Trio Band Creator+, with a looper. Arrives monday.
Thanks.

Love the Trio myself and I like the new firmware for a "sane" bass line. :)

Mixer: I believe the poster is referring to a PA mixer.

Can't help much with the cabling - I'm using the HD Bean -> Trio-> D-Tech Jamman. Creating some loops to save (and pretty much screwing around).