Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset names change to Default when powering down

cebreez

It seems I am having an issue saving Presets. I save them to "My Tones", I then save them to the hardware position of my choice. I can then navigate via the pedal buttons to each preset I just saved and they show up as such in the Amplifi app. But then after turning it off and then back on later the tones are still there with all of the settings I left them with but the names of the presets have been set to Default. Be advised I am using the Android app on a Kindle Fire Hdx. I am not sure if there is a "cardinal rule" to saving the presets but I have tried every possible way. Its annoying because I am having trouble remembering what preset is in what location until I see it in the app. During a gig this is not a problem. My cheat sheet lets me know what button to push.

Anybody had a similar experience? Am I just overlooking something simple. It needs a global "Save" button to save the everything at one time including the hardware.

It has happened on Banks 1 and 2. At one point all 4 presets on bank 1 had reset the name to "Default". Another time only 2 presets changed. Do you have to turn on the pedal before the app or the app before the pedal to get it to sync correctly?

Okay I seem to have fixed the problem. Im not sure how but one thing I did do was make sure there was no duplicates in My Tones. Then I made sure the last thing I did was to do a hardware save by holding down the preset button and saving it on the pedal.

One other thing I did different although I'm not sure it matters was to turn the unit off at its switch instead of just powering down the power strip like I normally do.