Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Edit question

mbowman

In the 500X Edit Pilot's Guide there is a section labeled 'Inputs panel' but it only explains 2 of the 4 sections on that panel.  Is there any documentation covering the 'Guitar in-Z' and 'Inputs setup' selections?  I have all of my presets set to 'Auto' and 'Preset' but am curious what I might expect if I start tweaking these areas.

My current setup is either an American Strat with 60's style pups or a LP with relatively mild pups into the 500X and linked to a DT50 via L6 Link.

When set to auto, input impedance is matched to whatever the input impedance of the first effect in the chain happens to be. Not sure if there is a list of what this value is for each effect. In probably doesn't matter in any case. Going from the highest setting, 3.5M, to the lowest, 22K, there will be an attenuation of the highs from the input signal.

The input setup controls what is used for input source 1, input source 2, and in-z. When global, it gets these values from the POD's system menu. When preset, it gets these values from the currently selected preset.