#1 beami1

beami1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

I was getting sick of having to use my iPad with the Amplifi when it's sat right next to my PC, so I set about getting the Android Amplifi Remote app working in Windows 10 using a cheap Bluetooth dongle, VirtualBox 5 and the Android 4.4 x86 distro. All working well so far. The bluetooth pairing drops out occasionally, but it does that on the ipad too!

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   54.45KB   63 downloads

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7336 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Nice!!

#3 marsdaddy

marsdaddy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

I was getting sick of having to use my iPad with the Amplifi when it's sat right next to my PC, so I set about getting the Android Amplifi Remote app working in Windows 10 using a cheap Bluetooth dongle, VirtualBox 5 and the Android 4.4 x86 distro. All working well so far. The bluetooth pairing drops out occasionally, but it does that on the ipad too!

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

That's cool, I tried to do a similar thing using Chrome's arc welder, I got the app running on OS X but no Bluetooth support in that framework.

As a developer, I'd encourage Line6 to publish the specs for the Bluetooth protocol so anyone could write an editor. As they make no money from their software, more platforms would clearly mean more sales, and a more future proofing for customers.

#4 yungmoon

yungmoon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Beami1:

How did you accomplish this? Could you outline the process for us?

Thanks!

#5 mmfb2001

mmfb2001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:22 AM

Yes, I feel I need to move away from reliance on the iphone and want to use my PC, knowing how to do this would be great. Can you share?

Thanks

Mark

#6 1devan

1devan

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire, UK

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:34 AM

I presumed that the majority of problems were caused by the blue tooth communication, am I not wrong? if so then surely we would have the same problems editing on a PC, what is required is an editor designed to use the USB connection ( Designed for later use)  Thus bypassing the inferior blue tooth editing system.

#7 mmfb2001

mmfb2001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:48 AM

Try this:

There is a thread called "How to run Android Amplifi Remote App in Windows or OS X" that explains it.

Like many things Line6 - nothing is simple. I can't paste the URL, sorry, you will have to look for it yourselves. Progress eh? 30 years of PC and now we can't paste.

Mark

#8 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7336 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:43 AM

To paste a URL, click the link icon then past in the URL box.

#9 mmfb2001

mmfb2001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:07 AM

Thanks Beami1. I can't agree more with the sentiments that we need a windows box to use Amplifi remote. I really do not want to have to upgrade my phone in line with Apples schedule just to be able to use my guitar rig. I have seen apps cease to work due to a new version being released, and that new version will only work on a new version of IOS, meaning I iOS had to be upgraded too. Eventually, current iOs wont work well on old devices and hence a new phone is needed.

I bet many folk over the years have bought amps that are still in use decades later, I am not sure how my Amplifi will face up to the challenges of decades of use, upgrades to ios and so on. Maybe it will all be ok, but I kind of wish I had bought something else, mainly because of the reliance on mobile phones. So, a proper windows version would seem helpful.

What's that? Oh yeah, windows upgrades are going the same way as IoS upgrades. Oops.

#10 francoisperea

francoisperea

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Conclusion : if you just have a PC on your studio, don't buy AmpliFi ! Problem : PC =90% of the users. No Controller, no buy !

#11 LarryZZZ

LarryZZZ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

That is not good news.   I just bought a TT, from YouTube vids it looks like a great solution for guitar sounds.   But I have a laptop PC for my music DAW software, and an old Ipad for the Amplifi App.   Problem is the IPad is old, slow, and too small, and I don't want to buy a new one just for my TT app.

In this first post, I see that it is possible to run on a PC with   "Virtual Box 5, Bluetooth dongle, Andriod 4.4"  what is all of that?

#12 vihanamara

vihanamara

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Could you connect via usb?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amplifi, windows, android