Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Should I update my pod

seibert98

will probably change your tones a little being that it's that far back... but yes you should update... many critical fixes and some new amp models.

and if desired... you can pick up even more amp models with the available model packs... including things often requested... like a JC120 model, and a 5150 model...

I am a firm believer in leaving well enough alone. 

If you are happy with your pod, don't update. 

If you don't have any of the issues that were fixed in the numerous updates, don't update. 

If you don't want the extra features that were included in the updates, don't update. 

But I am not a tech chaser. I used my old rig for 20+ years. I found something I was happy with and didn't give a rats lollipop about what new stuff was available. 

I'm guessing you have an HD500X, since there is no 1.32 version for an HD500. So 1.32 isn't so far back from 2.62. It goes from 1.32 to 2.60, 2.61, 2.62. It really shouldn't change your tones, it didn't for me that I could tell.

It adds a global EQ and the ability to add the amp packs.