#1 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hi All,

I have noticed an odd issue with my POD Farm 1. In certain cases it doesn't work properly - I get just unprocessed sound for some amps/cabs (I own licence for them, so it doesn't seem to be licensing issue),

I run POD Ram and go to my preset. And either I hear unproicessed, clean guitar sound or I get very week processing, like Drive/Presence would be barely set. I usually have issues with Guitar Amps such as Line 6 Bottom, Deity's Son, Deity Lead, Cali Diamond Plate, plus some others I don't remember now.

When I get this issue I have to switch between different amps, presets, and so on, and finally, after several attempts I get my sound back.

I only have issues with mentioned amps. Others, like Line 6 Insane always work fine. Also, my UX2 sounds fine as sound card - I don;t have any issues, corrupted sound. Nothing like that.

I have reinstalled drivers, but the issue is still the same... I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Have anybody experienced similar issue? This is quite odd, and annoying on the same side, especially when I am in the middle of recording something. I put some guitars on, then try to get back to it next day... and I have to fight with POD Farm to get my sound back.

BTW, when I try to use the same preset on GearBox I get info that DSP can't load the sound. Unknown error.

Thank you in advance for any help!

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

USB issue perhaps?  Try a different USB port or a different USB cable.

#3 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

@BigChas52 - thanks! Unfortunately, this did not helped... Still the same issue.

I have checked it under Lincense Manager and all is OK.

#4 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

OK, it never showed before but today.

When I opened GeaBox first, rather than using POD Farm, I got this error :

Reason: Code 8000740C Model definition decryption failed.

It has some code, so maybe it can tell somebody what it is related to and what would be the fix for it...

Thanks!

#5 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

So you purchased a Metal Shop Model Pack License?

It does not come standard with the UX.

#6 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yes, I have purchased it as Triple Pack Offer, back in 2009. It properly shows up in License Manager.

It works randomly - sometimes it works right after I open PodFarm. Sometimes I need to open and close Pod Farm several times and then it would work. And so on. It's quite odd, as it is not consistent. And, as I mentioned at first post, I have reinstalled all drivers as per instructions posted here and there on this forum. Cable and USB port were changed, too.

#7 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Just to clarify.

If you run Monkey you have green ticks?

License Manager shows the Pack Authorized for the UX?

Do you by chance also have POD Farm 2 installed?

It can sometimes trip up the license manager, even if you have a license for both.

Have you tried completely uninstalling POD Farm and using a fresh download outside of Monkey?

Is there another computer you can try this on?

#8 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yes, Monkey shows all green ticks. License manager shows these as authorized packs for my UX2.

I don't have POD 2 installed.

I will try to use it on another computer when I will go to my vacation house this summer.

Anyway, looks like I found some logic - it worked twice already, so maybe this is a workaround. When I open my PC and don't get any sound at these packs, I close POD Farm, run Monkey and then License Manager. Close them and run POD again - all sounds are fine... I wonder why I haven't thought about it earlier.

I will test it for another few days and if it will always work, we would have some workaround for people who have the same issue as me.

Still, I will try on other computer and will try uninstalling POD and installing it again, outside of Monkey.

Thanks for help, so far!

#9 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hopefully your work around won't suck up your 10 lifetime authorizations. It can be reset by Line6 by calling or submitting a support ticket.

I would definitely submit a ticket now if you see the work around is counting against your 10.

#10 Ablakk

Ablakk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hm... is there any place to see number of authorizations? On my account I see this info:

You currently are using 1 out of 4 active devices.
You currently are using 1 out of 10 lifetime devices.

But I am not sure if this is info I would need.

On the other hand - I am opening the License Manager and closing it, without doing anything there. So, I am not deathorizing/authorizing. At least not intentionally...

#11 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

That is the info I was refering to.

#12 Travisjlee

Travisjlee

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sometimes when I select a sound in Pod farm it won't process like you talked about. When I select Dual tone and 'create empty tone' all of the sudden the sound starts processing. Maybe this will help you, too? It's a good piece of equipment but the interface is pretty terrible. If only it were as easy as plug and play, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users