Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A M-E Unit for Bass

Astrodronaut

The hd500x has some bass modeling as well as guitar.

Suggest download manuals and look through models.

There is an expansion for bass as well:

http://store.line6.com/hd-bass-pack.html

There are some user created patches for bass on here as well. YouTube doesn't have much for examples of this. What is there seems to be out of date.

The hd500x has some bass modeling as well as guitar.

Suggest download manuals and look through models.

There is an expansion for bass as well:

http://store.line6.com/hd-bass-pack.html

There are some user created patches for bass on here as well. YouTube doesn't have much for examples of this. What is there seems to be out of date.

Thx! But hd500x is to expensive for my region (like 700+ bucks) ) Anything about HD 300/400? 

It is my understanding that the models before the x were more limited and had as few as one Bass amp in some. I seem to remember the x3l having a bit more then that but it has been a long time and I wasn't using it for bass at all then.

Well, yes, the 300 and 400 will work on bass as well (but will not be able to buy the aforementioned bonus packs). For the money, the 500 IS the best bet. You get twice as many toys with only a 10% price increase. 

And yes, with the HD500 being 5 years old, one can easily call it out of date. 

The HD500(400/300) are not instrument specific. You can use it for guitar, bass, keyboard, voice --- anything that has an input. There are some hot vids of an electric violin player with using one. 

Sure they have a predominant guitar following as well as most of the factory presets, but that is just because guitar players are a dime a dozen. There are a bazillion of 'em, while the world only has like 100 bass players. So of course the marketing material is all going to be gear towards guitar. But you can use the pod for anything. Which, is one of the numerous things about the unit that has expanded my work load without expanding the amount of gear I need to carry, use, or own. 

Well, yes, the 300 and 400 will work on bass as well (but will not be able to buy the aforementioned bonus packs). For the money, the 500 IS the best bet. You get twice as many toys with only a 10% price increase.

And yes, with the HD500 being 5 years old, one can easily call it out of date.

The HD500(400/300) are not instrument specific. You can use it for guitar, bass, keyboard, voice --- anything that has an input. There are some hot vids of an electric violin player with using one.

Sure they have a predominant guitar following as well as most of the factory presets, but that is just because guitar players are a dime a dozen. There are a bazillion of 'em, while the world only has like 100 bass players. So of course the marketing material is all going to be gear towards guitar. But you can use the pod for anything. Which, is one of the numerous things about the unit that has expanded my work load without expanding the amount of gear I need to carry, use, or own.

So nothing special for a bass these days? I remember Bass POD XT Live, but it is really old now I guess. So if there like 1 amp/cab mod for the bass, maybe it's better to check something like M9 stomp box? I'm rly interested in effects, not the amps and cabs modeling. But I had a hope there is something new for bass player, that L6 can offer (

So nothing special for a bass these days? I remember Bass POD XT Live, but it is really old now I guess. So if there like 1 amp/cab mod for the bass, maybe it's better to check something like M9 stomp box? I'm rly interested in effects, not the amps and cabs modeling. But I had a hope there is something new for bass player, that L6 can offer (

There is new bass stuff for hd500x to be fair including the HD pack.

Thx! But hd500x is to expensive for my region (like 700+ bucks) ) Anything about HD 300/400? 

If you give it a few weeks, you can probably find really good deals on used HD500X units with the extra model packs included. I expect quite a few people will be selling them once their Helix units arrive.

I don't know how the good people at L6 feel about me saying some of my opinions, but this isn't the first I've said it so it should come as no surprise... 

My feeling is this --- 

If you aren't using amp modeling, then the HD500 is definitely not for you. Unless you enjoy spending money on stuff you don't use. -- like buying a Ferrari to go from the garage to the end of the driveway to pick up your mail and then back to the garage. 

I can't speak for all L6 products because I never tried them. But the HD units, it you aren't using the modeling, you are paying way too much. I am not complaining about the quality of the fx, but these units are all about the fake amps. 

FWIW: the 500x is $375 used in a few places.

If you give it a few weeks, you can probably find really good deals on used HD500X units with the extra model packs included. I expect quite a few people will be selling them once their Helix units arrive.

I paid $200 (US) almost 2 years ago for a used HD500. 

Yes, there is probably going to be a price drop due to an increase supply, but that shouldn't stop deals from being had now.  

I paid $200 (US) almost 2 years ago for a used HD500. 

Yes, there is probably going to be a price drop due to an increase supply, but that shouldn't stop deals from being had now.  

True, I just think there will be a lot of them to choose from.  It will definitely be a buyers market.

At 1500 I'll be happily staying with the hd500x.

Yeah, I am not buying a Helix either. But not because of the price, I already have a fully functional unit that does everything I need it to do - otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. 

The point of it is, though: 

Some of these guys are rushing out and buying the 'latest and greatest' to compensate for a lack something (lollipop size, money, success, etc) in their life. So, what happens is, these guys will then sell off their old units which causes an increased supply on the used market. The increased supply decreases the selling price. 

My thoughts are different. Because, sure, there will be an increase of supply. But how many HD500's were sold. And how many Helix's were pre-sold. And then figure how many bought both AND are selling off the old one immediately. 

I don't see the increase supply dropping the price too drastically.

It's not like iPhone 5 and iPhone 6, which are going to sell millions of units.

I mean, if you look at the shipping reports. Guitar Center is getting 100 units that have already been sold. Is 100 units going to make a difference in a global price? Multiply that by the 10 dealers that are large enough to sell 100 units. Is 1000 used units hitting the market going to really drop the price? It may, if they all go to eBay. But if everyone sells it on their local craigslist, then no. There will be one unit on each CL, instead of 1000 in one place. 

Yes, piano_xyz, and your new name pianogayy, I get it. You have no life and have created a secret profile to give me a thumbs down on all of my posts because you don't have the balls to use your regular profile. It's ok, I get it. You are jealous that you can't compete.

I am fine with it. Especially since I don't follow online rating systems.

Hell, at least now you can shoot your wad at the fact that I even acknowledged that you exist.

• Downvote 1

And then people wonder why I don't state my real name or have a catchy little signature with all of my links on it. 

1. I have nothing to promote. Let the promoters do that for me. This is my free time, away from all of that business stuff.

Speaking of not promoting stuff --- Nashville, 10pm on ABC. Music available on iTunes.  

2. I have been around since before Facebook. We didn't use our real names online --- I don't even use my real name on stage. HA. 

Kind of sad how many names from over the years I have to remember for when people walk up to me and say "aren't you [name]" I can honestly lie to them.  

3. Dillholes like him. Online douche bags are just annoying pests. But, again, I've been around quite awhile. I've had real life stalkers that cause serious issues. 

Hell, it's probably just some dude who's wife I banged. 

Don't know. Don't care. 

I've acknowledged him 3 times. And now you have too. That's more than enough for me. 

It's one thing to do that sort of stuff in a chatroom. But doing it at places like this and ancestory.com just shows more about the petty person doing it than it does anything else. I mean, how is Astrodronaut going to get his answer when half of his post is this sort of stuff.