Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iPhone 6S Amplifi app will not connect to Amplifi

pianojunky

So tired of dealing with this. Was totally stoked to see the updated app. I canceled an online add I had to sell my Amplifi 150 and decided to give it one more chance.

I successfully connected to the app once and was impressed with the improvements. However, since day one of the updated app I have not been able to connect the app to the amplifi. The Bluetooth works fine, I am able to listen to music through the Amplifi, but I still can not change/edit any guitar tones. I have tried all the normal trouble shooting steps (disconnect Bluetooth and reconnect, reset network settings on iPhone, restored Amplifi to factory settings and restore iPhone 6S to factory settings). No luck with anything!!! Has anybody found this update actually works!?! Such a disappointment!

Any suggestions I haven't thought of would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

The only success I have with staying connected is; After Im done playing for the day, I will go into the bluetooth settings and forget the device. On the next day, i reconnect it and it works (mostly). This is the only sure fire method i have come across that seems to work and keep me connected although it will at times drop it and i have to do it all over again.  A disappointing experience is an understatement to these amps.

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your Amplifi. I faced this issue with my new iPhone 6s and the problem disappeared once I updated the firmware.

I've all but given up on this being a guitar amplifier... If there is a new firmware update I'll attempt to update and see if this solves any of my issues. Honestly, the last few updates have been a nightmare, so I'm not holding out hope. Thanks for the info though!