Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tutorial: How to make multi Cab IR's from existing IR's for use with the Helix

jaminjimlp

I originally created this for use with the "EPSi: Convolution Powered Reverb in a Small Stomp Box" with:Version C for EPSi, a firmware version for Cabinet Speaker and Room simulation.http://www.logidy.com/ that I used with my Eleven Rack that had no way to load ir cabs. see my tutorial here: http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=42292&Searchpage=1&Main=5446&Words=tutorial&Search=true#Post42292

Side-View-Crop-white-float.jpg

But now I won't need it any more because of the Helix.

If you don't know why you would need a multi cab ir I'll try to give you an example: did you ever think of running two different amps or speaker cabinets with one in the right channel and the other in the left? that is the beauty of "multi cab ir's"

How to make multi Cab IR's from existing IR's for use with the Helix:

with PT11:

1.Open a blank session and click on "setup" then "session" change the bit rate to 24 and make sure sample rate is at 96 khz

2.click "File" then "Import" then "Audio" navigate to the IR's in your comp and click"Add Files" then "Done" then "create new tracks from start position" then click "Track" then "New" select "Stereo" and "Master Fader" then click "Create" 

3.you have an option to either change the output to "Main Out R" and "Main Out L" in "mix window" on each track or pan each track to your liking so some of each bleed over to the other.

4.Add any plugins to the master track you want as in screenshot.

5.Click "File" then "Bounce To" then "Disk" select as in screenshot

6.Put in folder (that you'll remember). and your done.

7. load it to a "ir block in your Helix and test it out.

PT.png

Maybe the Admin will see it important enough to make it a "sticky".

Have fun with it and share some of your work!!!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question about this step:

"1.Open a blank session and click on "setup" then "session" change the bit rate to 24 and make sure sample rate is at 44.1 kHz"

Helix manual states:

"Helix can load and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, mono, .WAV type IRs are supported."

Just a question about this step:

"1.Open a blank session and click on "setup" then "session" change the bit rate to 24 and make sure sample rate is at 44.1 kHz"

Helix manual states:

"Helix can load [/size]and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, mono, .WAV type IRs are supported."[/size]

Thanks I need to edit that I converted this tutorial for the helix before I had it in my hands.