Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 vs G50

Karma180

Hi, just got the G30 I am happy with the performance but struggling with the tone ... will upgrading to the G50 SIGNIFICANTLY give me more options (12 instead of 3 but is the 1, 2, 3 options of the G30 roughly the same as the 1, 7, 12 options of the G50? I just need it darker :)

Thanks,

I think you are mixing up the cable tone options with the channel options. The 1-12 options of the G50 are the same as the 1-6 options on the G30 in that there are that many channels available. The channels don't affect the tone. They are like ... radio stations. You just broadcast and listen in on the different channels.

The options that affect the tone are the cable tones. The G50 offers one more setting than the G30 which is the 100 feet/30 meter option.

I doubt the one option is going to affect your tone "SIGNIFICANTLY" and if you are happy with the performance then you might be better off getting that darker tone through an EQ.