Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 has abandoned customer service.

pianojunky

I posted a few day ago about my problem with the Amplifi 150... In a nutshell, when the update hit I was very impressed, so impressed I canceled my classified add to sell the Amplifi. Since the first night messing with the app & Amplifi I have not been able to reconnect with the Amplifi 150. Music streams just fine, but the Amplifi and the app will not connect to each other. 

Contacted customer support and the representative did not even take the time to read my full problem. He responded back, telling me to take steps that I had already taken. Had he read the full problem, he would of realized this because I clearly listed all the trouble shooting steps I had taken. In my response back I told him I had already tried his suggestion. His reply was to take it to an authorized service center. 

If my Amplifi 150 had been working for the past month, I probably wouldn't be so frustrated. I was about to sell the Amplfi when the update came out, after trying the updated app, I canceled my classified add and my faith in Line 6 was restored a little bit. However, after this problem and the response from Line 6, I'm at my wits end. This is the 2nd time that they suggested I take the Amplifi to a service center. The first time I was able to fix the problem myself after hours of trying different things, so I am not convinced that a service center is the answer. 

Am I the only one going through this!? Posted this rant on the forums in hopes that I will get some sort of response from Line 6 and maybe some feedback from other customers frustrated with recent issues. I am about to leave the Line 6 products for good because of the whole iOS 9 debacle and the issue I am having now. I have also had many other problems prior to this, so this is just the last straw for me. When the Amplifi works it is a genius product that I love and use daily in my teaching studio. Hopefully Line 6 can get this worked out and keep a customer!

Hi,

I am an old Line6 products user and  I have bought this year an Amplify and a Firehawk. These 2 products are unique with their UI based on tablets and they represent a big technological change. So we are some kind of early adopters and our situation is exactly the same than any early adopters in the IT industry.

Based on what I read in the L6 forums and my own experience, these 2 products suffer of ;

• Connectivity instability
  • UI and features of the remote apps that need some enhancements 

These difficulties are obvious and none can rely on the these products in a gig.

It seems that Line6 is experiencing the same difficulty than any technological company facing major problems with some of their new products. They adopt the "silence until solution" approach. Which is opening a broad range of interpretation such as lack of skills, lack of resources, lack of priority,  product design failure,  product interruption,... and which is leading us to a hudge frustration and a lost of faith in L6.

On the customer service side, these poor guys have "the lollipop between 2 chairs" (not sure if it is an english expression...). They know the products they have to support are unfinished ! They just can try to delay until the solution is coming. Try once, it is not very confortable.

I feel L6 is wrong in their crisis management approach. They will lose existing customers (sending back their device) and if prospective customers reading the forum will go to the competition... But in the same time, the Amplify and the Firehawk have such a great potential that I will carry on to hope that real enhancement will  come one day or another ...

There is a lot of customers complaining about how Line 6 is working out the bugs. I have talked to Line 6 and they said they are working on a firmware update to fix a lot of the problems we are having. One of the problems is the connection issue, but this problem has been going on for a year now with no fix for it. With the iOS 9 and Amplifi Remote app not compatible, Line 6 had to come up with something fast. And... Line 6 still didn't work out all the bugs in the app. Now Amplifi Remote is making my iPad restart when using the app for about an hour. YES it is very frustrating and YES I want to sell or get rid of my 150, but with all the problems.... who's going to want it? 

New update on my support ticket. Jason, from line 6 did reply, said my best option is take the amp to a service center. However, I still feel like this is a software issue. My phone will randomly connect, syncs for close to a minute, than looses the connection. I am still able to use the Amplifi as a bluetooth speaker, this leads me to believe it is a software issue, not hardware. I don't think a service center could do anything to magically make the app work. 

i mean.. ive been following these forums for a bit now, and i havent had any problems with dropping connections or ios9 issues that everyones complaining about. maybe you do actually have something wrong with your amp and maybe there were manufacturing issues..?? 

I would agree if I've always had trouble with the amp. I bought the amplifi on day 1, and for the most part it has been great. I never suffered the random connectivity issues. Vast majority of my problems started with iOS 9, since the app has been updated, the app will not stay connected. Bluetooth works fine, still can play music over the speaker but the app will not stay connected. This leads me to believe it's a software problem.

Despite what you feel/think the problem is, Line 6 support is telling you to take it in for servicing. That will definitively determine whether or not there is a hardware problem. Right now it's your feeling vs. a tech support recommendation. If I were a betting man........

You may end up being correct, but you're not likely to get further support from Line6 until/unless you follow their recommendation. And providing you with a recommendation that you do not wish to follow does not qualify as abandoning support.

My hesitation in taking it to a service center is, there is no service center near me. I would have to ship it off. The service rep helping me responded today agreeing with me. He thinks I should wait for the firmware update before shipping it off.

If Line 6 would cover the cost of the shipping I would not hesitate to send it to them. Being a one of the first adopters of the Amplifi, I'm am well over the year warranty they provide.

The reason I'm so impatient on this issue is because in the early days of owning this, there were fairly consistent updates and communication. Customer service was much more willing to help and and brainstorm solutions to any problem I had. It seems line 6 has moved in to bigger and better projects and left the line 6 behind. We do not get updates (firmware or software) nearly as often. The last three problems I've had with the Amplifi, the go to answer is, restore to factory setting, if that doesn't work, take it to a service center. The other problems I had, I was able to fix myself after working on it for hours.

Considering everything on my amplifi is working fine except for the app, I would bet the problem lies in the app. If I were a 'betting man' that's where I'd place my money.

I know you said you did the trouble shooting.

Just curious is you tried forgetting the connection, factory reset, app reinstall, repair BT?

Yes, tried all the above. That is actually what started all my frustrations, I listed everything I had tried in the support ticket to Line 6. They responded that I should try almost everything I had already said I tried. It was very clear that they did not read the support ticket I had sent to them, before responding.