Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Floor Pod Plus

I recently bought a Floor Pod Plus from a friend and I'd like to know if I can use an expression pedal with the Pod, and if so, where in the chain? I have a Boss OC-3 Octave pedal that I'd like to use with the Pod, but I'm not sure if I can use expression pedals with this product. 

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I searched and didn't see anything about it. 

Hey Snuggs, There is no aux pedal input on the FPP. Its been a few years since I've used it but you might be able to put a vol pedal between the FPP and the amp then see if you can assign the built in exp pedal to something other than volume. There is no line in/line out either so the OC-3 would have to be tried at the front or end of the chain.

Welcome to the board btw. The FPP does give some solid tones and I'm going to have to dig that puppy out now. :)

-B

Thanks for replying Bill. After I messed around some more, I tried the "sub-octave" setting on the FPP and the sound is very similar to the OC-3. I'll just set up a preset and I'm fine with that.

I was unsure about using the expression pedal because I have a Boss JS-10 practice trainer. Although you can jam with a bass and/or guitar, you cannot use an expression pedal (other than the one specifically made for it) because it can damage the system. I wasn't sure if the FPP would be "harmed" by using another pedal. But since it's chock full of tones anyway, why would I really need an expression pedal?  :huh:

I still have a lot to learn about this pod, but I'm enjoying it so far.