Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects slot not visible anymore!

massimopisani

Hi to everyone.

I have POD HD 500X, a wonderful instrument but today I had a strange problem.

I was setting up a new patches via USB using POD HD 500X Edit on my Mac (Yosemite). I've tried to move an effect in another position and than.. it disappeared from chain effect! I tried repeating the operation with another effects and then this one disappeared too! 

Now I can see only six slot on effect chain on that patches, instead of eight, even if they work! And the problem is using POD display and using POD HD 500X Edit too.

What gone wrong with my POD? Can I solve problem without resetting the POD?

Thank you a lot for your support.

Bye,

Max

post-2207960-0-69755500-1444767457_thumb.jpg

That is really weird. Other than a global reset and pedal calibration, the only thing I can think of doing is just restarting both your computer and the HD.

Coincidentally, on my helix, the last two blocks on path 1A were invisible after a firmware update.

I hope they will soon update both the firmware and the HD Edit.

Personally I have also found several bugs:

— Sometimes the "F" (factory) models appear on the model list of my JTV with firmware 2.21 (and should not appear)
— Sometimes you can not move effects blocks, and "Cab Parameters" tab can not be selected. After several tests I found that was solved by moving the tone or volume controls from the Variax. Somehow, sometimes they are continuously sending data to HD Edit, which causes this error.
— The percentages in the parameters of the cabs no longer appear (there is now a horrible bar in place)

— And of course, the eternal "Wah Bug": The whole HD Edit crashes when the expression pedal is being used for a while (at least on OS X).

— The percentages in the parameters of the cabs no longer appear (there is now a horrible bar in place)

— And of course, the eternal "Wah Bug": The whole HD Edit crashes when the expression pedal is being used for a while (at least on OS X).

The first one listed there is not only a horrible bar, but a horrible bug, which when compounded by a dual amp patch, becomes more horrible. Line 6 is apparently aware of this and is working on a fix. I was informed of this after opening a support ticket back in April.

I don't use OS X, but on Win7, when using the expression pedal with HD Edit open, sometimes a sync error occurs which can cause unpredictable results with the HD itself. Never had HD edit crash though.