Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noob question

Pimpslapper

Just got my Spider IV 120 and although it shreds nicely, I am wanting to explore more of what it can do with customtone sharing, etc..  It seems that you cannot "direct connect" your laptop to the amp in order to use the Spider edit software or Line 6 Monkey?  You have to connect to the amp via a separate "controller" interface such as the MKII express.  Is this correct?  Thanks in advance.

^Yap, you can also update your amp's firmware with it.. I have a Spider IV 75, the firmware version was 1.04, i updated it to 2.0 via FBV MK II and it gave me some extra stompboxes and mods. Not sure about you, but i bought the FBV MK II for around 900 Danish Kroner, around 90-100 euros, but it's worth, totally ^^

Enjoy your Spider 120

• 3 weeks later...

Start my connecting the FBV MkII to your computer with a standard  USB cable, then go to Line6.com, download and install Monkey, thi sis the software that is used to update and install all Line 6 software.  Next step is to check the kII for updates, then connect the amp to the MkII and have Monkey check it for updates.

FInally, download Spider Edit - this is the patch editing software tha tis used on your computer to adjust sounds, save patches and install patches you have downloaded from the Line 6 user section.

When you check/update the FBV, only it is connected to the computer.  After that, you connect the amp to the FBV, check/update the amp, and use Spider Edit that way.  The amp cannot be connected to the computer except by using the FBV.