5 replies to this topic

#1 milleniumman

milleniumman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I am running the pod HD500 in dual amp mode panned hard left and hard right.  Since the dsp is limiting I have an external delay and reverb which I run through the FX loop.  How do I set it up to put the fx loop after the amp? It only gives me one FX loop position to use so I can't put one on the left amp and one on the right amp.  If I use it on one of the amps it only goes to one side, if I place it after the pre amp it makes it mono sounding.  How do I get a stereo FX loop?

#2 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Sounds like you just need to move the FX Loop into a position after the mixer, so it applies to both sides of the signal.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15530 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

I am running the pod HD500 in dual amp mode panned hard left and hard right.  Since the dsp is limiting I have an external delay and reverb which I run through the FX loop.  How do I set it up to put the fx loop after the amp? It only gives me one FX loop position to use so I can't put one on the left amp and one on the right amp.  If I use it on one of the amps it only goes to one side, if I place it after the pre amp it makes it mono sounding.  How do I get a stereo FX loop?

the fx loop is stereo, you have to use an insert cable to split it... but you CAN use it to route through 2 independent effects... provided you hard pan left and right...

you can't turn them on independently though... it's all or nothing.

#4 milleniumman

milleniumman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

@GTLazer: I've tried that but then I lose the separation between the left and right amps, like it pans them to the middle again making it muddy.

@TheRealZap: I have a splitter for the TRS to dual mono so my Timeline and HOF reverb are in stereo, I just need a way to tell the Pod to set the FX loop  to have the left input on the left amp and the right input on the right amp.  Right now I have the FX loop before the amp and back 1 slot so it doesn't attach to the amp. This is the clearest I can get it, but with this setting the delay is quiet and muddy, not clear and distinct like I like it. I have also tried just running the Timeline and HOF after the line outs but I don't really dig the delayed cab sim sound.

This is what it looks like now:

/---AMP1---DLY---\

---FX--CHORUS                           MIXER

\---AMP2-----------/

I think this problem would be solved if I could use 2 slots for the FX loop in between the amp and mixer so it would look like this:

/--AMP1--DLY--FX------\

---                                       MIXER

\--AMP2---------FX-------/

P.S. I have a PingPong delay set at 20ms (lowest setting) to give a slight separation between the two amps.

Is this type of setup possible?

#5 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

As far as I know, if you've got the mixer panned hard left/right, the FX Loop should preserve that signal split.

Have you tried running your splitter cable straight back into the FX Return, to test the loop in isolation?

The reason I ask is that I think it's more likely that your pedals are creating a combined stereo out.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#6 milleniumman

milleniumman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Good call, I haven't thought of that, will try tonight when I get home.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fx loop, dual amp, stereo, pod, hd500, multiple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users