Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

stagescape/source noob questions

already bought the stagescape and am currently saving to build the rest of my system.

had a few questions before i drop for the rest of the bill

1st and most important) when running L6 through to PA/monitors, can analog mains as well be run to house systems?

2) does it matter which order the L6 connects through the PA/monitors?

3) are the L3T and L3S a 1:1 system? ( I will be purchasing 1 of each, however if i find myself needing a larger system for larger venue/outdoor, and i purchace another L3T, should i infact purchace another L3S to accenuate/vice versa)

4) can midi events/sequences be recorded and/or sent through as midi files or is all sent as audio?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sometimes amazed by the amount of bass one L3s can muster. It can be room dependent, but I did a do not so long ago where the band had only booked tops (no subs) but I'd taken one sub just in case. As it happened, the room was massive! Rigged up with the single sub and the system nailed it: 2x L3m + 1x L3s. Indeed it now means I'm taking the second sub out less and less... which works well as I was really struggling to fit it all in!

I find the second sub somehow increases headroom but you don't always need that.  What I mean is, with one sub, I may need to increase the level on the mains compared if I am using 2.  Having said that, when you're talking about having the mains set at -15db vs -12db you're still a long way off from 0db so there's usually ample headroom in either configuration.  So ya, I think in a lot of cases my second sub is more of an expensive speaker stand.  It does look impressive though.