Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Vetta Combo

peatie1960

Have a Line 6 Vetta combo to repair as power supply has blown.

This unit has a AX3 power supply and have got service manual but as far as I can see the powers supply is different to what is shown in the manual. Nothing like it.
The manual I have on page 121 mentions if Q3 and Q15 are blown the replace R21,R7,R55, R49, R12, R11, R15, D4,Q3,Q15, Q11,Q2 and U2. Most of those are blown in this powers supply but I need to know what part numbers they are. As I said before the circuit is different to the power supply so cannot get the numbers from there o the parts list.
Does anyone have a list of these parts?

Since the power output is different between the head and the combo you'd expect some differences if you're using the manual for the head amp. However I think there are probably just fewer final power FETs and a lighter weight power supply.so it should be easy to figure out what was going on.

I doubt all those parts were taken out just because a FET gave up the ghoast. You should probably sit down and trace out the circuit and make you own diagram of the final. Remember you have two channels and one of them is probably still working so you have a reference right there in front of you.

What do you mean AX3 power supply are you using an AX3 manual or a Vetta manual?

I don't have the complete unit here only the power supply which does have most of the listed parts blown. Some of the blown parts have their numbers on them but there are some SMD parts as well as resistors burnt so cannot tell what they are.

According to the owner it is out of a Vetta Combo but I have not seen the whole thing. The power supply I have has AX3 Power Supply on it.

As i said before I just need to know what parts R21,R7,R55, R49, R12, R11, R15, D4,Q3,Q15, Q11,Q2 and U2 actually are so can replace them.

I have manual for Vetta Head AX3, Proline6 AX3 and Vetta HD. All are very similar and all have same power supply diagram which is different to the blown power supply I have so they are no help. Drawing out my own diagramm is uselees if I don't what the parts are.

PS we are talking about a power supply not output stage.

• 1 month later...

Have a Line 6 Vetta combo to repair as power supply has blown.

This unit has a AX3 power supply and have got service manual but as far as I can see the powers supply is different to what is shown in the manual. Nothing like it.
The manual I have on page 121 mentions if Q3 and Q15 are blown the replace R21,R7,R55, R49, R12, R11, R15, D4,Q3,Q15, Q11,Q2 and U2. Most of those are blown in this powers supply but I need to know what part numbers they are. As I said before the circuit is different to the power supply so cannot get the numbers from there o the parts list.
Does anyone have a list of these parts?

I think I have what you are looking for and I will send it too you. My schematic says  R21 is Ref: R97 which is a 1k resistor @ 1% 0805, and is part # 01-24-1001. send me your email and I will send the parts list to you. I am at pkobzeff17@gmail.com. If only line 6 would help us loyal vetta owners out! Shame shame shame.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know which component U1 is on the power supply of the Vetta HD??????

Since it´s burned the only thing I can recognice is that it has 7 legs.

Hi, since my vetta hd power supply has blown, I know the answer to your question ;-)

The part U1 is - on the fragment is written:

K036

TOP234G

14263A

Does anybody know, where I can get the full power supply for my vet hd?

It´s written on it:

Power supply REV D 23/JAN/02

PART #35-00-0102

please help :-((

Probably not avaliable so you'll likely have to fix the one you have or have it fixed. Should be doable by a good tech. 

• 6 months later...

i have a vetta 2 combo. the C59 cap  on the AX3 Power Supply 35-00-0096 rev 3 BLEW! cant read any numbers or find a schematic

Help

For what it's worth. The manual I have says "a buck regulator consisting of IC U3, Inductor L6 and Capacitor C59 form a buck regulator that regulates the voltage generated by winding T2B. This generates an 8V regulated output. The parts list has C59 listed as a 100pF 50volt 0805 surface mount type but that makes little sense from the circuit description. 

Go to the vetta group on facebook and you can download a service manual in pdf format. However the schematic isn't the easiest to read. The manual if for a head unit but I think they use the same PCB with some variance in the components that are stuffed. Like more power FETs for the head unit than are installed in for the combo amps. 

I would be nice if Line6 would help but they won't so it is what it is. The least they could do is put the manuals and service data up for download. 

At least if it's a common component and you can get your hands on what data there is, you stand a snowball's chance of saving your amp. A couple have been talked though repairing their dead amps in the facebook group so you might want to check it out. There are many fans for the Vetta there but not many fans of Line6. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Was this ever resolved? I have a vetta combo here belonging to a friend (I'm an elec engineer) with a blown AX3 PSU. I've recapped it and the caps will charge up but the voltage control portion seems to be fried.  Have replaced the rectifiers, opto - there's a lot of transistors and a current reference comparing the output voltage.

What I'm having difficulty with is that I have no idea what the supply output voltages are supposed to be  - the HD PSU schematic is nothing like it. The schematic here is labelled AX3 REV B.