Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help needed!!

kennymorris2

Hi all,

I have a Vetta ii head with a 4 x 12 angled cab and a Long board , I play various guitars through a Boss GT 100.

Can any one please tell me how to connect my GT100 using the effect loops?

The manual tells me to use Y cables but in the diagram it dictates an effect unit with a left and right input and left and right outputs ..... the rear of my GT100 has a Ext Loop Send and Return

I am trying to have no other effects other than the GT100 as all my sounds are pre set and its soooo easy to drag n drop  sounds onto the GT100 

Sorry for being a biff...... its my 1st Line 6 I usually use Marshalls and connect direct using the bypass 

Kenny

Doc1.doc

If your GT100 has a single fx send then you would need the Y-cable (single stereo end to your GT100 fx send and dual mono ends to the Vetta fx returns).  

Set up a clean patch with no amps on the Vetta and put a dummy plug into the Vetta guitar input (just one end of a patch cable will work for this).

This works fine for me when I run my HD500X into the fx return of my Vetta II Combo.

Thanks Darrell,

But I'm none the wiser........ both the Amp and the FX Unit have a single Send and Return 1/4 jack 

Can you please explain in simple talk what goes where?

My FX unit has an input (for the guitar) then a single send and a single return on the rear marked EXT LOOP.

Thanks Darrell,

But I'm none the wiser........ both the Amp and the FX Unit have a single Send and Return 1/4 jack 

Can you please explain in simple talk what goes where?

My FX unit has an input (for the guitar) then a single send and a single return on the rear marked EXT LOOP.

The FX send and receive jacks are stereo TRS (Tip, Ring ,Sleeve) types such as those used for stereo headphones. The Tip is the Left Channel while the Ring is the Right channel on each. 

The Direct outputs also have 1/4" jacks for sending unbalanced direct wet signals to a board or something if you don't have XLR balanced type cables. While those jacks are also TRS types they take mono 1/4" plugs like the aux speaker jacks. 

• Upvote 1