Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 Wah Pedal Setup

milleniumman

• 2 years later...

On the same topic - whenever I go into HD edit and choose a wah - automatically the wah is set to "on" when I load the sound - if I go into the edit and turn it "off" I can't get the foot switch to work

Example - I loaded a wah - but had the expression pedal on the volume setting - but the sound immediately has the unique high frequency buzz of a wah all the way down - so I back off the expression pedal - and the volume goes down! Then I step on the pedal to get to expression 2 - and then I can control the wah - but in expression pedal 1 - it's a volume pedal but the wah is "on" -

And I have gone into the HD edit program under the controller tab and made sure the wah is only set on Exp2 - leaving Exp 1 for volume. What am I doing wrong?

The closest you can get to a step on to engage type of wah would be assigning the mix and position parameters to the expression pedal.

For example, I find that the vetta wah works well with a mix of 24 to 100 and a position of 0 to 100. So when the expression pedal is in the heel position, the wah is more or less bypassed.

On the same topic - whenever I go into HD edit and choose a wah - automatically the wah is set to "on" when I load the sound - if I go into the edit and turn it "off" I can't get the foot switch to work

Example - I loaded a wah - but had the expression pedal on the volume setting - but the sound immediately has the unique high frequency buzz of a wah all the way down - so I back off the expression pedal - and the volume goes down! Then I step on the pedal to get to expression 2 - and then I can control the wah - but in expression pedal 1 - it's a volume pedal but the wah is "on" -

And I have gone into the HD edit program under the controller tab and made sure the wah is only set on Exp2 - leaving Exp 1 for volume. What am I doing wrong?

It should work by assigning the wah to one exp and the volume to the other, so that when the pedal switch is engaged, the wah turns on and the volume off, and the other way around. Not sure what's happening here. I don't use a volume control, so that simplifies things. Another way to turn the wah off is assigning it to a footswitch.

• Upvote 1

RockinMorroccan - if you have created the patch with the WAH fx on then it will always be on, unless you assign it to a FS or the TOE switch under the expression pedal to control it's ON/OFF state.  The toe switch also swaps between EXP 1 and EXP 2.   I usually assign my WAH pedal to the TOE switch and the opposite EXP pedal to the one I have volume assigned to and I press down the expression pedal to engage it and swap to the alternate expression pedal to control it and press down to turn it off and switch back to the volume expression pedal.  You can assign the ON/OFF to another FS if you want, but you will still have to press the toe switch to toggle between EXP 1 and 2, to control WAH/VOLUME.

The closest you can get to a step on to engage type of wah would be assigning the mix and position parameters to the expression pedal.

For example, I find that the vetta wah works well with a mix of 24 to 100 and a position of 0 to 100. So when the expression pedal is in the heel position, the wah is more or less bypassed.

It should work by assigning the wah to one exp and the volume to the other, so that when the pedal switch is engaged, the wah turns on and the volume off, and the other way around. Not sure what's happening here. I don't use a volume control, so that simplifies things. Another way to turn the wah off is assigning it to a footswitch.

Nice trick there! I am currently using an external Wah, too. But I need to try this. I love automatic Wahs. Miss my old Ibanez Weeping Demon...