Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV MKII and Spider valve MKII

AntonisPat

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right category to post this topic, but here goes..

I've got a spider valve 112 MKii and an FBV shortboard mkII. I also have the UX2 sound card which I use with pod farm 2 software.

Now I use the shortboard to do all the good things I can do with the Spider Valve, but I also want to use it as a controller for the pod farm. I've read the FBV manual and I've seen I can do that and also save setting patches for the FBV.

My question is this, if I connect the FBV to my computer and farm2, change settings and save a patch and then unplug everything and plug the FBV to the Spider Valve, will it work as before? Or do I have to save a special patch for the SV somewhere and load it everytime I want to use it with my amp?

I guess whatever the answer is, the same would be true for the FBV Express mkii, right?

Thanks in advance!!

...My question is this, if I connect the FBV to my computer and farm2, change settings and save a patch and then unplug everything and plug the FBV to the Spider Valve, will it work as before? Or do I have to save a special patch for the SV somewhere and load it everytime I want to use it with my amp?

My understanding and experience is that any FBV setting changes are stored within the software or amp you are using, not the FBV itself (such as Pod Farm, FBV Control Application, etc..). When you reconnect the FBV back to the SV, it will get it's instructions from the programmed patches in the SV, and operate accordingly and 'work as before'.

I feel kinda stupid now but I still cant find it. I follow your link, go to Software downloads through there and it redirects me to the software download page, From there I select FBV Shortboard MK II / all software / win7 and all I can find is the Line6 Monkey updates.

The "Learn more about how FBV Shortboard MkII can send MIDI via USB" redirects me to the manuals.

What am I doing wrong?

Quote from the FMV manual:

“POD Farm 2†FBV MkII Control Presets
To provide a nice “jump start,†we’ve created “POD Farm 2†FBV MkII control presets that can be
loaded on your device using the Line 6 FBV Control application. These FBV MkII control (.fbv file)
presets load a complete set of MIDI commands on your device for instant POD Farm 2 functionality! It
is recommended that you download and load the FBV control preset on your FBV MkII device before
proceeding with configuring the POD Farm 2 standalone application or Plug-In for your FBV MkII
device. These Presets are available for download from the POD Farm Online Help site:
• For FBV Shortboard MkII - Download the file named “POD Farm 2-Shortboard.fbv.â€
• For FBV Express MkII - Download the file named “POD Farm 2-Express.fbv.â€

I'm trying to find where I can download thes two presets from. I've had no luck from the software downloads section or anywhere else in the line6 site.

If possible please explain step by step what i need to do and not just a link because I've had no luck with links so far..

thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

The preset you are looking for is included in the latest "Line 6 FBV Control v1.04 Installer.exe"

When you install the FBV Control drivers and editor it installs the presets in the LIne 6 folder in your My Documents area. 

The preset you are looking for is included in the latest "Line 6 FBV Control v1.04 Installer.exe"

When you install the FBV Control drivers and editor it installs the presets in the LIne 6 folder in your My Documents area. 

Thank you d0gmA!!

I cant believe I've searched everywhere only to find it was already downloaded..

THANK YOU!