Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD300: Spikes in volume when changing between presets, please help

makatech

Hi,

I recently bought a Line 6 HD300 for me and my daughter for home use.

Most of the times we will be using the HD300 with headphones.

Immediately when trying the pod with headphones I noticed big variances in sounds and sometimes spikes in volumes when switching between different presets, not very nice to your ears, my daughter actually hated it. :-(

Last night I had a fun time downloading lots of presets from http://line6.com/customtone/

Still huge variances in sounds between different patches causing inconvenience when switching between the presets.

Today I decided to edit all patches using HD300 Edit software, lowering the channel volume on most of the presets to avoid these huge variances in volume and volume spikes.

>Is this the way to do or is there another way of dealing with my problem?

Lowering the channel volume on all presets like I did will perhaps change the sound and behavior of the presets making them sound bad or not the way they are supposed to sound?

Advices will be appreciated.

You are doing this the correct way - there is no easy method.

The Channel volume is the best control for balancing relative volume levels. It does not change the tone/sound of the presets itself, although our ears can perceive tonal changes just because of the different volume levels.

• 4 months later...

The GUI has the ability to adjust volume for each different preset. Just plug in your HD300 to an amp or headphones and use a usb cable to connect to your computer. That way you can play each preset tweak volumes and tones and save them. In this method you can also use the noise gate to tame your louder presets.