Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

High E String Occasionally Pops Off The Nut

I have a new JTV-69 US and the high E string occasionally pops off the nut when I'm playing.....never had that happen to any guitar I've owned and I have some very nice Fenders, Gibsons and PRS guitars.   I'm a little disappointed after spending $3900 for this.  It doesn't do it all the time and I really hate to go through the hassle of sending it back if I don't have to.  How hard would it be to adjust the nut so it doesn't do this? 

never heard of this issue on a USA model... but some of the older korean ones had neck issues.

contact a support center or line6 and they can check your serial number.

i'd also contact them about the USA one... they'd probably find a way to get it checked out for you.

Thinking of replacing the neck entirely. Annoying....

Put on a Strat neck and don't look back.  It makes it into a completely different (and, in my opinion, better) instrument.  My JTV-69k went from being a PITA to the sweetest playing instrument in my collection.  The only tricky part was fabricating a wedge-shaped shim to get the neck-set angle correct.  Without the shim I had to crank the bridge way up off the guitar to get the proper string height.  From experience, this type of bridge and tremolo system sounds best when it's close to the body.