Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Ux2 And Pod Hd500 On Windows 7

Hi,

I've been trying to configure my system to use a UX2 and POD HD500.

I'm using the UX2 as the system sound card and want it there for phantom power for a mic.

I've tried connecting the HD500 to a USB port but it won't output any audio directly (yes I've set the output setup on the HD500 utilities screen correctly). If I select it as an input for my DAW the PC crashes with a Blue Screen of Death.

The only way I can get it to work is to feed the HD500 1/4 inch guitar OUT to the Instrument IN on the UX2, but that's just doubling up on the A/D conversion.

Has anyone had any success with two Line6 products on one PC?

Thanks.

Has anyone had any success with two Line6 products on one PC?..

Like The RealZap says, the issue is the ASIO audio interface protocol - not Line 6 devices. Line 6 devices (and those of many other manufacturers) are fully ASIO-compliant. This means that only one can be used at a time with your DAW. It's an ASIO limitation - not a Line 6 issue.

It all comes down to your use case.

If you are feeding the HD500 into the UX2 just for everyday playing, then that's fine, although a better solution might be to get your HD500 its own monitors.

If it's for recording, you are better off selecting the HD500's ASIO and recording that directly, rather than going through the D/A-A/D conversions.  It might be a pain having to switch ASIO inputs between HD500 for guitar and UX2 for Mic, but your recorded results will be much better.

One last possibility is to get a small phantom power source for your MIC and just use the HD500.

• Upvote 1