Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Seem To Be Losing Volume While Jamming, Need Help

RipperShred

While I'm jamming with my band, it's like my tone starts to fade into the background. I'll turn up, and i'm good again for about a minute, then start to fade away again. Boosted the mids, and again i'm present in the mix again, but then seem to fade into the background.

Thought it was the poweramp, but have tried two different poweramps with the same result. I vaguely remember this topic on the old forum, but I could be imagining that. Does anyone know what's going on with my HD Pro?

Hmmmm.... the first thing that comes to my mind is one or more wonky knobs on the face of the device. Perhaps vibrations are somehow causing it to move counter-clockwise slightly so that over time the volume/tone change is noticeable. I would test this out by 'parking' the knobs at the zero level where they can't move lower, then re-activating the desired patch. Of course once the knobs are parked you can switch patches freely until you need the knobs again.

• Upvote 1

All things being equal I have a jam tonight, so I'll try parking the the knobs at zero, and see if they are drifting; it's plausible since we do jam at high volumes. I'll get back to you guys and see if that's the case. Thanks for the suggestions!