26 replies to this topic

#21 mikeymartin76

mikeymartin76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

thanks Zap...I will continue my quest...

#22 mikeymartin76

mikeymartin76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I downloaded the flash memory file,but I'm not sure which program(app) to use to open it with.Help?

#23 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

monkey! just do the ''update from file'' with it

#24 mikeymartin76

mikeymartin76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

here's the thing about Monkey...I used(or tried to) it to update driver on my HD 300.When it is connecting to the Line 6 site,it only gives the option for POD XT...apparently my 300 is just lying there...sorry to be a pain,but I'm a tad frustrated.I'll try what you said arislaf....thanks.

#25 kaharrs2

kaharrs2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

If you've already downloaded and tried to install the latest driver from the Line 6 website, but the pod is still considered unknown by the computer then try this:

Have your device (pod or whatever) unplugged then go to your Device Manager.  Plug in the pod.  You should see a new device pop up under the "Other devices" tab... and it should be labeled simply as "Unknown".  This is your pod.  Right click it and choose "Update Driver Software".  Choose to browse your computer for the driver software.  I had trouble with Windows 8 finding the driver even if I pointed it directly to the correct folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\Tools\Driver Archive\POD HD 300" for me.)  So I chose the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option below that.

I then searched in the "Sound, video and game controllers" option for the hardware type, which brought up "Line 6" as a manufacturer option on the next page.  I then selected that and my appropriate driver (Pod HD300 for me.)  Windows briefly complained about unrecognized certificates or some such, at which point I said continue anyways.  A driver installing progress bar then started.  Strangely enough the progress bar seemed to get stuck (which shouldn't happen, this driver is small and should install pretty fast), but I let it run for about 5 minutes and then killed the process from task manager (just trying to exit the window doesn't work because Windows complains about you stopping a driver install before it's done... as it rightfully should, but the Line 6 software/drivers are just so buggy and hard to get going I had to go to drastic measures.)  After that it seemed fine; when I relaunch device manager the pod shows up as a recognized device under "Sound, video and game controllers."

Note that you may have to repeat this process for other USB ports if you plug into a different one next time, so maybe just try to be consistent about which one you use.

These instructions are what I did on Windows 8.1, but they should be valid for Windows 7 as well.  I'm not sure about Vista, perhaps.  Also note that the last step is pretty sketchy... so standard disclaimer: I'm not guaranteeing it will work on your own personal system, or even leave the system in tact, this is just what I had to do on my own computer.

#26 fatgonzo

fatgonzo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

Tonight I took my POD from it's box after a couple of weeks of rest. I was a bit surprised when it no longer worked as an audio interface. To be more precise, it no longer manages to communicate with any computer in any way. I'm a computer person in general and after a few hours of trying all sorts of things I am out of ideas. It seems the POD can turn into a brick at random. It is sending "usb/unknown" as its device id, so it won't accept any audio driver manually. Win7 thinks it's a USB controller so it will only let me choose from USB controller drivers and manually pointing at the .inf file fails to work. Using it on other computers confirms that it doesn't identify itself as a POD anymore. They all think it's an unknown USB controller.

Has anybody come up with another way to return the POD to its original state, where the OS can recognize it? Can't do a factory reset, since the computer cannot communicate with it at all. Any help would be much appreciated, I already tried all the USB ports, tried removing the USB hubs and adding some more. And I did nothing at all to bring this about. I just turned the damn thing on. I am using firmware v1.1 and apparently USB firmware 0.0. I was trying to upgrade to 1.2 when this happened. I mean, I never got that far. Noticed this when Monkey couldn't see the POD. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

#27 mikeymartin76

mikeymartin76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

harrs2...thanks friend.I may try that.I actually am on the verge of scuttling Loser6 completely...it's just not worth it to me.

Lousy "support",sketchy software etc.Ya know....sometimes a guy just wants some SOUND...not an off the cuff misadventure into the unwonderful world of make-believe.

How 'bout it guys?Some stuff you don't need a Computer Science degree in just to get it "fired up"?

Anyone here ever heard of music?It's a way of life for me....but apparently,not with Loser6.

Fire away boys....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod, hd300, unknown, device, trouble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users