Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X keeps turning on tuner and muting sound

gtriggs

Hi everybody

I know this has been a problem for a lot of people and reading on here I know it relates to dodgy micro switches.  Mines been a pain in the backside constantly changing while playing so I have stripped it down and sprayed the switches with switch cleaner as per some suggestions on here ..... which has cured the problem temporarily at least.

While it was disassembled I noticed a difference in the four switches on the bottom row starting at the Tap Tempo.  These four switches had no definite click, in fact it is hard to even know if they are moving.  All the other switches click as you press them down and seem to have a spring return.  There is no spring return on my tap temp switch or the three immediately next to it ( probably the four most used in my set up)

My first question is .... is this normal ? are these four switches a different design to the rest?  they all operate and since being cleaned the unit hasn't switched over to tuner on it's own anymore however I have a big gig coming up and am slightly worried it could start again.

You can hear the others click even when the unit is assembled, but not those four so would be grateful if someone could confirm if this is normal or they are all faulty (but still working somehow)

My second question if they are faulty is.... where can I get good quality replacements that won't do this again in a hurry, does anyone have a part no?  and/or can I buy that whole circuit with six switches on anywhere ????

Cheers for reading!