Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux1 As Sound Card For Pod 2.0

Hi, I have an UX1 and a POD 2.0 too. I want to record the POD 2.0. Is that possible to use the UX1 as external sound card without using POD Farm? I only want the sound created with POD 2.0 and nothing modified by POD Farm.

Thx

Yes, instrument is better. However it's necessary to load POD Farm to have sound. I used a new tone on POD Farm but the sound is not as good as the sound I have with POD 2.0 only :/

It is not needed. Not sure what you missed. But you can use it without pod farm.

the control panel that is part of the UX2 drivers.... as in windows control panel... although the same utility exists in the mac system preferences too....

you DO have to have the drivers installed... but not pod farm. (and not monkey either really)

monkey would install them for you... and they are also part of the pod farm installer... i tend to like getting them seperately first, and then getting whatever else.

Oh ok I understand, Well I'm on Mac... I don't remember to have installed somrthing like UX1 drivers

You can open the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel to configure which Inputs are sent to your DAW.

Personally I would use Line In 1 and 2 if you have stereo effects.

But that is an annoyance with the UX, if you do not launch POD Farm you can not monitor the sound in real-time.

You will hear it if you turn on "monitoring" in your DAW but it will likely have too much latency.

The best work around for stereo recordings is to create a blank dual patch in POD Farm, and you will need to select Line1 for Tone A and Line 2 for Tone B and pan hard left and right. The pan settings will save in the patch, but every time you launch POD Farm you will need to select the inputs again.