Photo

Pod Hd500x Usb Connection Issue

hd500x usb

Best Answer djspleen , 27 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

All is right again with the world!  I called Guitar Center and they were happy to exchange the first one.  I took the new one home, hooked up the USB, updated the flash with Monkey just like it's supposed to, started the Edit Software and BAM!  Everything works perfectly!

So, it was a faulty original unit.  Who'da thunk it?

I'm marking this thread as SOLVED!

Thanks to Guitar Center and to everyone here that offered their expertise and suggestions.  There is a great wealth of experience and knowledge here!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4660 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

I'm sorry I wasn't clear earlier.  I tried the re-flash using the power up holding D pad down method.  The Pod is ready to update via Monkey, but the timeout error keeps appearing so Monkey won't update it the way things sit now. 

Both Monkey and Edit software recognize that a 500X is attached, but when a working connection is attempted I instantly get the timeout error.

Thanks...no worries...So my next question would be; Have you tried it using an different computer altogether? Seems like you said you tried known good cable with other working devices...Using another PC basically eliminates the PC as the cause and if you get the same error, it points to something being wrong with the POD...I say return it and get a new one if the retailer you used offers that (GC is 30 days I think)...Otherwise, it really seems like the unit might need service...might be a defective port or some such...

There is another thing that came to mind, but this is a bit of a reach...This issue is almost exactly like one I saw years back with the Flextone III XL using a midi interface...specifically an Edirol...By default, it would be set to echo data...The data over USB on the POD is basically midi over USB...It's serial data, so is midi...The echo messes up the stream and causes the failure immediately...Again, this would be a reach if there is something  in the USB config that is messing with bulk mode on your PC's USB...However, a very easy way to test that would be to just print a doc to a USB printer or save a file to USB jump drive...Both use bulk mode...same mode the firmware burn uses...

I still think you should exchange it if you can...do over...good luck to you...

#22 djspleen

djspleen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLancaster County, PA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:40 AM   Best Answer

All is right again with the world!  I called Guitar Center and they were happy to exchange the first one.  I took the new one home, hooked up the USB, updated the flash with Monkey just like it's supposed to, started the Edit Software and BAM!  Everything works perfectly!

So, it was a faulty original unit.  Who'da thunk it?

I'm marking this thread as SOLVED!

Thanks to Guitar Center and to everyone here that offered their expertise and suggestions.  There is a great wealth of experience and knowledge here!

#23 shedeler

shedeler

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have a problem with the USB of my hd 500, because the eeprom circuit does not work anymore. I bouht another one, but a I need the bios software of the chip... Please, does anyone have this? send me by mail: brunoandradecosta@globo.com

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users