8 replies to this topic

#1 colmwiggle

colmwiggle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'm thinking of changing up and selling my M13 and getting a Pod HD500X.

Though the M13 is an amazing piece of kit it seems to me that the Pod HD is just a couple of steps ahead in terms of tweekability. There seem to be loads more options with the Pod and Line 6 seem to be done with firmware upgrades for the M13 - which to my ears sounds like they have moved on from the M13, which is a shame cause I love it.

So I'm wondering what are the cons (if any) for the Pod HD500X?

chairs and tanks

c

P.S. I play regular gigs in various venues and the thought of having the flexibility of plugging straight into a PA if nees be sounds very handy.

#2 colmwiggle

colmwiggle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

And by the by, I have posted previously and in detail about what upgrades/tweeks I would like to see in the next firmware upgrade for the M13, both here on this forum - here's some

http://line6.com/support/thread/86968

http://line6.com/support/thread/86361

and through http://line6.ideascale.com/

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15379 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

i think you can "flatten" by basically having the looper be post....

and you can probably control the harmonizer like you want with the 500...

i've not tried it specifically, but you can assign effects parameters to the expression pedal.

anyway I may be wrong, but someone will surely point that out lickety split! :D

#4 llemotivell

llemotivell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi

POD HD500 is not true Bypass, Think about that

Bye

#5 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Isn't the M series basically a POD HD minus the amp simulation?

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#6 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5484 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Isn't the M series basically a POD HD minus the amp simulation?

Kind of... In terms of effects and complexity of signal chain, you can actually have more simultaneous effects and more complicated signal chains with the Hd500 than you can with the M13. However, the M13's form factor is very convenient to use. There's really no other multi-fx unit I've found that is as easy to use. That's probably why it's been on my board for nearly 5 years now. I do have the HD500 as well, but I love my M13 for playing live.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#7 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Kind of... In terms of effects and complexity of signal chain, you can actually have more simultaneous effects and more complicated signal chains with the Hd500 than you can with the M13. However, the M13's form factor is very convenient to use. There's really no other multi-fx unit I've found that is as easy to use. That's probably why it's been on my board for nearly 5 years now. I do have the HD500 as well, but I love my M13 for playing live.

They definitely look cool, but the HD seems like an upgrade from the M13 stuff. 

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#8 Anse

Anse

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

IMHO,the M series has sound quality that is hard to surpass.That said,the HD 500 is dull and flat.To be fair,I have not played through the new HD500X.It is hard to understand why it was introduced so soon after the HD500.I have had Day 1 hardware and software issues with recent M series (M5),with no support from either the local dealer (Guitar Center) or Line 6..I am reluctant to upgrade to the HD series,since my old generation Line 6 devices are  so wonderful,no problems with either software or hardware. BTW,I am under threat of a ban from Line 6 for honest opinion posts like these. 

#9 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11380 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

... BTW,I am under threat of a ban from Line 6 for honest opinion posts like these.

There's nothing wrong with respectfully expressing opinions, as you have done here. I've never seen a user here chastised for that. I have seen users chastised for personal attacks against other users.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd500x m13, m13, pod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users