Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix to control other multi effects...

bulawayo007

So thinking or getting a Helix as well as a Fractal fx 8 . I am hoping to run the Helix as a master controller to the fx8. Would i be right in thinking this would be possible by running the fx8 though one of the 4 external loops in the Helix and then using midi to control scene selection in fx8? Will this mean i am going to have problems with a 4 cable method or by selecting the fx8 in a block in the Helix , can i change this around as neccessary to fit around Helix's amps and cabs models? I am hoping to be able to fit this in with some form of wet dry wet rig. I.e. Bogner Shiva combo and L2 or Laney irt-x expansion cabs... i really like the idea of how fexible this rig could be and also the amount of quality amps and effects on tap but just need to know whether this is just a mad rush blood to the head or could it work? Thanks in advance :)

I think I have just answered my own question with following that I have found on a previous forum but any comments with any experience or knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated :) " id kindly like to ask. Can the Helix serve as a slave for other modellers with its digital connections?

+ - 0

MultiQuote

#323 Helix FAQ: post #323 phil_m

Uber Guru

Line 6 Expert

6635 posts

Excellent

LocationMinneapolis, MN

Registered Products:2

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

snakefuture, on 19 Jun 2015 - 6:26 PM, said:

I'd kindly like to ask. Can the Helix serve as a slave for other modellers with its digital connections?

Helix bows to no other modelers! ;)

I'm not sure if you're asking if it can be controlled by other gear via MIDI or if it can be used as a controller. But the answer to both questions is yes."