Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x connection with a Mac Mini

SubAutumn

Hello all,

As you could probably tell by the forum subject, I want to know what you guys use for connection the HD500x (And possibly using that as the audio interface) to your Mac. I used to run a USB cable from the back of the POD to the system, but was wondering if there was anything I could with XLR (I assumed that I could use this and use an adapter within the mix).

If you could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

To use pod as interface USB is the only option. You can't convert an xlr cable in any way to connect it to a computer. They make long USB cables. You could use a separate audio interface like Focusrite to plug in you xlr but that is redundant as an audio interface.

• 2 years later...

I also have a POD HD500x and and mini mac running High Sierra 10.13.6 on an SSD drive . 8GB RAM.

I updated the drivers via line6 site and POD HD edit still will not recognise the USB connection from 500x - runs in off line mode only even with new drivers. I updated the monkey and edit software as well to be sure. Not recognising my connection. Using line6 supplied USB cable. Most upsetting may give up guitar. NOT!