Photo

Spider Iv Hd150 Not Generating Clean Tone!

Best Answer brendangeary88 , 25 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

nvm I replaced guitar with 9v battery and fixed it. I was hoping that was it. Guess I was just thinking the worst.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brendangeary88

brendangeary88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have a situation here I hope you guys can help me with. 

I bought this Line 6 Spider 4 HD150 head with a celestian vintage 30 cab on the 15th of july and hauled it up 3 flights of stairs (not fun) and plugged it in.

Messed with the settings and everything sounded great. I cleaned the apartment the other day and moved stuff around (mainly the amp into my bedroom) and since I moved it into the bedroom I cant get any clean sounds to come out of it.

I switch the head to Green Clean or Red Clean and it still has gain when I try to play clean songs! I messed with the knobs as much as I could and that didnt fix it. I tried using all the pre-set clean settings (killswitch's - Mr Clean) (as i lay dying - clean cave) and still I hear gain attatched to it.

What can this be? How do I fix it?

Is the head malfunctioning? Are the settings out of whack? Is my guitars emg pickups dying?

WHat is it I need some help here please.

#2 brendangeary88

brendangeary88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:36 PM   Best Answer

nvm I replaced guitar with 9v battery and fixed it. I was hoping that was it. Guess I was just thinking the worst.

#3 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Common issue with any guitar with preamp or active pickups.  Glad you figured it out.  Stop complaining about hauling the speaker cabinet around - I used to haul an ancient Bandmaster 2 x 12 large style cabinet around - 90 lbs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users