23 replies to this topic

#21 milesargall

milesargall

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

I don't mind what interface I use - preferably my tascam, but nothing's registering with the mobile pod since I upgraded my iPad 3 iOS to 7.0.3.
Suggestions?

Ta.

#22 speededdog

speededdog

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hi everyone! The answer is pretty simple - Sonic Port is incompatible with all latest mobile devices and software updates. It's a time to call Line 6 by the name they deserve!
I personally went to guitar store today and tried to connect their brand new, opened in store Sonic Port to my new iPad Air and iPhone 5S and it's all dead!
Well, it was a good idea of mine to move my but towards the store rather than paying money.

THE MOST HILARIOUS THING IS THAT LINE 6 DISTRIBUTE ALREADY OUT OF DATE INCOMPATIBLE DEVICES PLUS YOU CANNOT UPDATE IT BECAUSE YOU CANNOT CONNECT IT TO THE COMPUTER OR INTERNET. MOBILE POD WILL NOT LET YOU DO IT EITHER. SO YOU GUYS, WHOEVER BOUGHT IT CAN CONFIDENTLY RETURN IT BACK TO THE SELLER, CAUSE IT'S A USELESS PIECE OF PLASTIC, NO MORE.

Line 6 are not the ones they claim they are! It's a fraud to sell people faulty unrepairable gear on massive scale! Too bad! Shame on you, funky time wasters!

#23 Line6Tony

Line6Tony

Line 6 Staff

• Administrator
  • 2162 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hello, Line 6 customers. After reviewing this thread, it looks like there a couple of separate issues being experienced. Most of your reports appear to be due to cable failures. We are sorry to see that happen. In these cases, please create a support ticket at www.line6.com/support for us to address this problem.

For those that that report it stopped working after updating to iOS 7, you are most likely running into the microphone ‘privacy’ settings in iOS 7 which we have created a Knowledge Base article for:

http://line6.com/sup...o-input-fr-r558

As for compatibility, the SonicPort was thoroughly tested with iOS 7 before its release with no issues found. We encourage you to create a support ticket with us if our Knowledge Base articles do not help resolve any connection issues you may have.

Tony Reese
Line 6 Customer Support Manager

#24 Shield141

Shield141

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

*UPDATE*

Line 6 followed up with me in regard to the replacement cable for my SonicPort.  After receiving the cable the SonicPort worked flawlessly with my iPad.  I maintain the iPad with the latest iOS updates.  No problems with the updates.  After this experience, I handle the SonicPort and cable very delicately.  I recommend others do the same.  However, the cable issue appears chronic.  I have intermittent problems with it.  Sometimes it works great, sometimes not so much.  I love the SonicPort features and design, and the cable connection is a vast improvement over the Mobile In connection.  It's too bad the cable connection to the SonicPort is not a USB connection.  Cables would be easier to obtain and replace and make the SonicPort easy to use anywhere, since you'd be able to find a cable quicker than having to go through Line 6.  Great design for a potentially awesome product.  Just too flimsy and too much trouble to get it back in service. 

Better cable = reliable & useful product, satisfied customers + great company reputation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonic port, mobile pod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users