Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

d3miurg

The bass pack is absolutely essential if you use your HD500X for bass at all. While you can get fairly decent results without it, I've found it takes a lot of tweaking and headaches to accomplish. Without the pack, my bass preset consists of two amps, two compressors, three EQs, and a reverb. With the bass pack, I can achieve a very similar tone that's more clear, crisp, and defined with only one amp, one compressor, and one reverb.

If you want to hear an example of the SVT Bright model and 4x10 Rhino cab within a mix using an Ibanez SR1205E, check out my song Transformative Annihilation.

• 2 months later...

The bass pack is absolutely essential if you use your HD500X for bass at all. While you can get fairly decent results without it, I've found it takes a lot of tweaking and headaches to accomplish. Without the pack, my bass preset consists of two amps, two compressors, three EQs, and a reverb. With the bass pack, I can achieve a very similar tone that's more clear, crisp, and defined with only one amp, one compressor, and one reverb.

If you want to hear an example of the SVT Bright model and 4x10 Rhino cab within a mix using an Ibanez SR1205E, check out my song Transformative Annihilation.

Love your tone man. Any chance you would mind sharing the patch? That song is delicious man!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the compliment! Glad you like it.

Here's everything I used to make that song. The bass patch will also work on an HD500; in the patch name there's 88mu, which means on my Ibanez SR1205E I set the bass knob to an imagined 8, the mid to an 8, and the treble to max. The U means the EQ switch for the mid frequency is "UP", or centered on 250Hz. I really wish they would put number indicators on these damn knobs, lol.

The other patches, CBack and CBackOcto, might work on an HD500. But I doubt Lead5150 will work. So if you're most interested in checking out the bass patch, and have only the HD500 (or HD Pro), you're in luck. But, be aware that a bit of the bass tone comes from the EQ settings on the bass itself.

transformative.annihilation.hd500x.zip

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I bought my POD HD500X last week so I am new. I heard a tone from a guy that I loved and tried to download it but I'd said I needed the Bass Pack so I went and bought it. I think I followed the directions but I can't see it. Can you guys help me? How do I get it or what are the amps and cabs called so I can look for them? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I bought my POD HD500X last week so I am new. I heard a tone from a guy that I loved and tried to download it but I'd said I needed the Bass Pack so I went and bought it. I think I followed the directions but I can't see it. Can you guys help me? How do I get it or what are the amps and cabs called so I can look for them? Thanks in advance!

Did you run the Line 6 License Manager to authorize the bass pack? You will also need v2.62 of the firmware and the latest version of HD Edit, v2.26 (if you use it). Once you have all of that you should be good to go.

The amp names to look for are:

SVT Brt

SVT Nrm

G Cougar 800

And the cabs:

810 Beast

410 Rhino

I think that's it.

Also, if you hold the 'view' button on the device to get to the system menus and go to page 12, it should say what HD packs are installed.

• Downvote 1