Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 dt25 Volume problems

jel476

I went to Guitar Center to look at some amps and I saw this one in clearance for a pretty good deal (floor model though). When I played it I couldn't get Topology 1 or 3 to make any noise, so one of the GC representatives had too crank up the volume really high to hear anything at all. He told me that it might need a factory reset. So I bought it and brought it home, looked up how to do the Factory reset but it barely did anything. Topologies 1 and 3 (specially 1) are way too low compared to the others. In general, Topology 1 is at a lower volume than a 1watt amp I own.

I've seen people here talk about volume jumps, but this one is drastic. If I switched from a good volume in Topology 4  to Topology 1, there would basically not be any sound. Is that normal?

Also what steps should I take if it's faulty? I received a really good deal, so I don't want to return it. Can I get GC to fix it, or should I go to Line 6 directly?

Hi!

This seems to be normal. The different Amps have different Gain Settings to produce the estimated sound. Different Amps react different to A/B or A Class settings. So Line6 did it absolutely right here. But sure, it is not very practical if you just want to play the amp without anything else.

The Master Volume patch of each amp is also differnt. So you only can use all Amp models with a balanced volume by using a pod hd as controller to adjust the volumes and save to a preset. Geee thats what I am actually working on. Amp internally it is not possible to adjust the Amp Models Master Volume or Channel Volume settings or I don´t know how. You can change them via Midi and they stay as long as they are not overwritten - makes no sense if you need tu adjust more then one Modell.

So 1st solution could be a POD HD to control. 2nd a Midi Controller with programmable CC´s.