Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When [if] Will We Get Android Pad Remote Option?

When [if] will we get android pad remote option??? :huh:

I don't wan't to have to buy an ipad, I have a mac book pro why can't I use it or when will I be able to use it or my android?

somebody in cahoots??? :o  LOL just kidding ;)

seriously though is it even on the table before I drop another $400-$500 bucks?!?!?!?

I guess what I mean is if there is not ever any intention on Line 6's part to do so I will get an ipad but this is the only reason I would. :(

also will a 1st gen ipad work? I've seen them for $150...

would be nice if line6 would give us the heads up on if they are even planning on it.  This being in limbo sucks.  I to don't want to spend the big bucks for the ipad name and have android tab as is.  so if they are not planning on it in the near future  please let us know so we then can deal as we see fit.

they have no current android offerings.... and they have specific iOS offerings (mobile in, sonicport, midi mobilzer, mobilekeys)

you can see where their focus is.... if they are currently pursuing an android anything i'd be surprised...

they've never even hinted at the prospect,

would be nice if line6 would give us the heads up on if they are even planning on it.  This being in limbo sucks.  I to don't want to spend the big bucks for the ipad name and have android tab as is.  so if they are not planning on it in the near future  please let us know so we then can deal as we see fit.

What constitutes "planning on it" and "near future"? :)

To my knowledge, (a bit limited), I don't believe any of the recent digital mixers have an app for android (presonus, Yamaha, behringer, mackie). I read elsewhere it is due to the many versions of hardware that have the android system on it. Ipad is an ipad is an ipad. They are all the same. Makes it much easier to develop stable software. I would not want to start a debate between the systems, but I had a cheap android phone (Motorola droid) and apps I downloaded for that phone, would often have many more "glitches" than the same app did on my friends Samsung galaxy. Shouldn't be like that. With iPhone and ipad, the apps on my devices perform the same as they do on everyone else's iphone and ipad. I can understand being concerned with releasing an android version. And my experience with android systems would make me a little nervous depending on it at a show. (But I would cause I like gadgets).

I a, not a developer, but this is what I heard from one with another company. Don't know the reality though. Makes sense to me.

After our first gig on Saturday, I need to have this stupid iPad I guess.... :angry: if i can get 300 bucks for my 16 channel 100' live wire snake that has lifetime warranty I guess it will take some of the burn off the price.

You want to talk about Android versions what about all the different versions of this iPad you got. you must have iOS 5.2 I think is what they said and it is hard to find out anywhere on the web if a first generation iPad will run iOS 5.2, the cheapest deal on is the Apple Store for a refurbished 4th generation for 409 dollars, I could get the generation 3 with a retina display for 379 But for 40 more bucks you might as well get the dang 4th gen.... so if I want to take advantage of what the m20d can do I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and buy a stupid iPad because I wanted to eliminate having to use and run the snake every time.

Side Note:

I have a 10 inch Android pad and about two days after I got it I gave it to my grandson because it was just kind of well the fun wore off I guess. It would be nice to have got some use out of it. 

I'm a PC guy and I got a MacBook Pro because everybody talking about how good it is and well I don't use it anymore and yes I spend quality time with it to learn all the ins and outs in short cuts and found out that the PC is way better, and I am a tech guy and built my own computers and do repairs many of the apples in the PC's also have build a hackintosh, really the insides are all the same it's just the OS this different. So I'm sure it will be the same with the iPad, if it wasn't for the m20d I would not even buy it.

enough with my rant thanks for everybody's input