Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Portable Recording Solutions

radatats

I was trying to set up a portable recording solution for my Helix.  Since I am not an Apple guy, no iPad, I was hoping for an Android solution.  I found n-Track Studio for Android for $20 that does multi-track recording and the latest Kindle Fire with Android 5.0 for $49.  Hooked it up to the Helix USB using an OTG cable and it recognizes the Helix in the audio setup.  Only problem is it only shows zero for sample rate and buffer size. :(  Other than that it looks great and has a ton of features.

I really thought that since Helix was "class compliant" it would be a perfect solution.  As it sits now, the guys at n-Track are trying to figure out the issue.  They are waiting for a response from Line 6 so hopefully they will play nicely and get it resolved.  I really don't want to drag a laptop around...

Has anyone else been able to get a portable recording setup working over USB?  Apple or Android?  Or even just audio playback over USB with Android?

BTW, even if it never works, the Fire is a steal at $49... ;)