2 replies to this topic

#1 jclose

jclose

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

Thinking about acquiring A G50 Wireless System to connect to my HD500.

In my HD500 setup, the Guitar Input is the electric guitar and the Aux Input for the acoustic guitar. 

It would be convenient and cost effective to use one body pack and receiver for both, plugging into the guitar needed but having capability to feed the appropriate HD500 input.

Since the G50 has two, could the Tuner/Aux Out be used to feed the Aux Input and the Main Out feed the Guitar Input of the HD500? Is there a way to choose a discreet out on the G50?

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

...Since the G50 has two, could the Tuner/Aux Out be used to feed the Aux Input and the Main Out feed the Guitar Input of the HD500? Is there a way to choose a discreet out on the G50?

I think the simplest way to sum it up is to say that one beltpack can only carry one signal (from either of your guitars) and that one signal is all that is available from any receiver that is set for that beltpack's channel.

The only practical difference between the "Tuner/Aux" and "Main Out" jacks of a G50 receiver is that it's only the "Tuner/Aux" output that still puts out whatever is being transmitted by that beltpack when that beltpack's "Mute" is engaged.

#3 jclose

jclose

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users