Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Pod HD500X + Molten MIDI 2 Setup Help

mikelandzelo

Hey all,

I've been playing around with my Pod HD500X for a long time now and I recently wanted to take it a step further. I bought a Molten MIDI 2 controller to achieve some interesting sounds. As a huge Muse fan I instantly tried to get the sound of Map of the Problematique. But now, 2 hours later, I'm still stuck in the dark. I've read somewhere (can't find the source any more) that the Molten MIDI 2 is compatible with the Pod HD500X. That's why I purchased it in the first place. All the tutorials you find online use a DigiTech Whammy 4 which I wanted to avoid buying too.

When I plug it into the MIDI in it just loops through my presets list and when I plug it into Out/Thru it's reacting like in the tutorial but I'm totally lost in the interface and I can't really get anything to work properly.

So my question is: has anyone any experience using a Molten MIDI device and is it possible to use it directly with the Pod HD500X or is it absolutely necessary to get the DigiTech Whammy too?

If someone could offer some help or more information I would really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance

Unless I'm missing something, that thing is just a MIDI controller, specifically designed for use with various Digitech whammy pedals. Itself, its not an FX pedal (near as I can tell from the product description)...so right now you've got the remote, but without a TV you can't watch "Bonanza" no matter how many buttons you press...

Hm, that sounds legit. I thought that it was possible to control the "Pitch Shifter" effect on the HD500X. That's what I was messing with. But somehow the MIDI controller "shifted" through my presets on the HD500X and not on the effect itself. It was an interesting effect though, like in the Ghostbusters movies  :ph34r:

Thanks, maybe someone else who owns a Molten MIDI can shine some light on that.