Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Digital Recording With Dt25 & Hd500 Possible?

Hello everyone!

I am about to buy a DT25 combo to use with my POD HD500.

I read somewhere, when you connect both devices through L6 Link, HD500 USB out goes quiet and only works as a MIDI interface (no sound signal).

I used to make my recordings directly from HD500 USB out to a PC USB and directly to a DAW (Audacity, Reaper, etc...).

Is there any way of continuing recording digitally, while playing HD500 connected to DT25 via L6 Link?

If not, my enthusiasm on that Amp goes completely down the drain and I might call the deal off :(

Anyone could give me a hint?

Thank you all!

Miguel

I read somewhere, when you connect both devices through L6 Link, HD500 USB out goes quiet and only works as a MIDI interface (no sound signal).

I believe that's correct.

But, really, trying to record the audio from the HD500's USB with the DT25 connect is kind of missing the point of using the DT25 with the HD500. The whole point of using the DT25 with the HD500 is to have the real interaction of the power tubes and speaker, You wouldn't be getting that with the HD500 USB output. Also, the output mode the HD500 uses for the DT25 isn't what you'd want to record with over USB.

So as far as recording goes, the choice you have it to either not use the DT25 and simply record direct with the HD500 and use full amp models. Or you can use the DT25 and mic it or use its XLR output. I'd mic it, personally.

Thank you much Phil_m, for the quick answer!

I guess I'll accept it like it is...

Besides i'll always have the option of using the L6 Link when not recording, and for recording use your suggestions or even use the "Send" & "Receive" effects loop, and use the usb with full amps on the HD500.

Thanks a lot for your time!