Photo

Anyone Found How To Create A Document Yet ?

new forum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimsreynolds

jimsreynolds

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Has anyone figured out whether you can create a document in the new forums yet?   I think the documents in the old forum (e.g. the 4CM document that I created) are now locked, as I understand it.  I don't have a need to maintain at the moment but I am wondering if we have lost the ability.

That would take resources off site and this risks link-rot

#2 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

...I am wondering if we have lost the ability...

I'm afraid the answer is: yes, at least for now

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15362 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Last i heard, they do intend to migrate documents etc... and come up with a better archival means of accessing the old forums...

they just didn't want to add too much to the mix that would slow down rolling this new software out and ending the spam.

#4 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Last i heard, they do intend to migrate documents etc... and come up with a better archival means of accessing the old forums...

they just didn't want to add too much to the mix that would slow down rolling this new software out and ending the spam.

Well three years of posts and documents at least. It's a lot of work I imagine...

#5 jimsreynolds

jimsreynolds

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

I am not so bothered about maintaining old docs in situ but there does not seem to be any remaining documents functionality in the new forum that I have seen.  This means nowhere to manually port the old documents over to.   

Something about babies and bathwater ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users