Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Routing for backing track + reamping

markionico

Hi guys!

I'd like to know if someone had some experience about this configuration with Helix:

-----------------<----- DAW (via USB) for reamping + Backing track

|                               ^

|                               |

|                               |

|    Path 1    A       in from Guitar ------> FX 1, 2, â€¦  ------------>  (stereo) 1/4†and XLR output 

|

|                    B       in from Guitar ------- > FX 1, 2, ... ------------>  (stereo) 1/4†and XLR output 

|

|   Path 2     A       in from AUX     ------ >  FX  1,2, ... ------------> (stereo) 1/4†and XLR output 

|

|                  B        in from USB x/y (DAW)  ------------------------> (stereo) 1/4†and XLR output 

|                               |

|____________> |

I read the the manual and It seems possible but I'd like to receive some comment or suggestions.

Thank you

Mark

I'm not sure exactly what you need to happen with each path.  But yes you can have 4 separate paths with separate inputs and outputs on each.  And yes path 2A can use the aux input while 2B can use USB channels as its input (and output) for re-amping.

If your plan is to record two guitar tones and a backing track simultaneously I would recommend switching the backing track/aux path to 1B, and moving the second guitar path to 2A to get better use of your DSP on both paths.

Thank you

You are right, my topic is not so clear

I'll try to explain better

I'd like to play guitar with backing track from a DAW via USB interface

I need to use two paths for double Guitar sound (path 1A e 1B).

The backing track from USB goes directly to the main out (2a) and the backing track with clik for the drummer goes to send output (2B).

I'll try to write a scheme....

I think he means to configure your DAW to use Helix as the audio input/output device. That should happen automatically when Helix is connectd via USB to your computer, but you may have to go to the Audio Setup section of your DAW and specify that Helix and its ASIO driver be used.

When things are set up like this the DAW will playback existing (previously recorded) tracks through Helix, so you will be able to hear the backup track(s) while playing your guitar. This uses USB Inputs 1/2 to Helix from the DAW.

However, the title of your thread mentions reamping. Yet (unless I misunderstand) nothing you've described includes reamping, which means routing a previously recorded track inthe DAW to a Helix input for processing. Is that what you are trying to do? If so, you can send any track(s) from your DAW into USB 3/4 or 5/6 as Helix inputs to any path for reamping.

Thank you, Guru

I have now clear how I can connect DAW and Helix like a playback system. At the same time I am still  interested to investigate different configuration that are possible with Helix for different live situations.

One is simply to playback a track but sometimes I need to reamp a pre-recorded guitar loop and to play a backing track without effects.

Therefore, if I understand well, it's possible at the same time (same live performance):

- to use path 1A and B for  FX  with guitar at the input

- to use path 2A and B for alternatively:

> reamping a track prerecorded from the 3/4 or 5/6 channel USB input and addressed at the 1/2 output

> play a backing track (with click for drummer) prerecorded from the 3/4 or 5/6 channel USB input and addressed at the Send output 

- to play a backing track from the DAW without FX directly to 1/2 output

Correct?

I hope I have been clear

Thank you very much

Mark