Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drop Effect For POD HD500X !?

BANDSON

+1 on this.

I have a preset for "D Standard" and another preset for "C#" for doing Black Sabbath stuff.

Just put headphones on, or make sure that either your studio monitors or your amplifier are loud enough that you don't hear your strings acoustically, otherwise it'll mess with your brain.

Never tried the pitch glide for drop tuning. In certain situations, like the guitar by itself, you might notice some warble with chords or multiple notes. In a mix that warble could be covered up. I know the pitch glide is better than the harmonizer in the HD, as far a warble goes.

I like to sometimes use the pitch glide with the expression pedal to mix in +1 octave with the original note. Gives a note a unique blooming at the higher frequencies. Never used it the way Vai and Satch use these things.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, yassne said:

I use the pitch glide to de-tune my my guitar from E standard to D standard for some songs, but can we get some drop D or drop C tunnings with it or with something else in the the Pod ?

No... you can't isolate and detune one string, but not the rest. And none of the pitch FX in the POD are polyphonic... they're not intended for detuning multiple notes simultaneously. It may work passably in certain circumstances, but artifacts and tracking issues are inevitable. 

Although, if you use the pod in combination with a Variax guitar.... 

Yes, you can insert custom tunings into patches.

But the ability to "fake tune" is a feature within the Variax. You are just saving the setting in the pod patch. It is useless without the Variax.

I hate going to see a local show. Everything is going good. Band and crowd are in sync. And then.... 

let's take the next 2 minutes to bust your groove while we detune our guitars. 

And to make it worse. It is usually just a song or two. And then they need to "retune". 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

I hate going to see a local show. Everything is going good. Band and crowd are in sync. And then.... 

let's take the next 2 minutes to bust your groove while we detune our guitars. 

And to make it worse. It is usually just a song or two. And then they need to "retune". 

Lol... honestly, that's pathetic. In a million years it would never occur to me to do that, and I've never actually witnessed it either. Switching guitars for another tuning, sure... but "Hold on folks, while I tune to Eb"?!?!?! Who does that? 

Not only have I seen it numerous times, but also -

I have answered ads (for local work) and had guys say "we only change tuning for the last few songs of the night, so there is no need to waste time tuning back". 

You know, because detuning at 1:35am on a Saturday night is a good time to kill the vibe. 

The bulk of my guitars have Floyd Rose tremolos. There is no "on the fly" tuning. 

Hell, can't even change a broken string "on the fly".