Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi TT vs Win10x64

e-m-a-n

Hello.

Please can anyone advice. I am looking forward for a piece of gear in order to get more tones out of my current setup. I got an Orange combo already, simple 20W practice amp. I checked Amplifi TT and - well, it looks quite impressive for me. Except one thing: I want to know whether I can ise it with my Win10x64. Please no workaround line virtual machines or so. Please where I can get remote control app?

If there is no support for Win10x64 there, I am going to pickup another model from another vendor. I can wait for some month-two, but not longer. Thanks.

Triryche, thanks for reply. Since I am not looking for an additoonal investment into an iOS device, I better spend money for some quality amp/effect that meets my compatibility needs with common Windows PC (I own a Precision M4400 which has been serving me well so far). Sad news though: I was ready to go into this, it was exactly that what I was looking for, but compatibility is something Line6 should have considered. Might be there is some backround story with Apple there (in return for application, you have to stay with apple), but in that case, its a huge drawback. Considering how Microsoft does with oncoming Office 2016 and expanding compatibility for iOS and Android, Line6 missed the bus here.

Anyway, thanks for quick and honest answer  - and I go to pickup Yamaha THR10. Have a great Xmas and happy new year to all rockers! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

There is a work around for running amplifi remote with a windows pc. You need to run android as a virtual machine. I just went through many hrs of screwing around trying to get it to work and finally have found a build that works. I wanted to use 6.0 but gave up as google play servce will not work for me as I get a download error. So i ended up using 4.3 You need virtualbox and 4.3 android iso file. Two things I had to figure out before it would work. Unmount the iso from the drive before starting android after the install. Check the Bluetooth in device before android boots or the Bluetooth will not work.