#1 lef38

lef38

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

hi,

Can someone please explain how  the cab simulated output is designed ?

I mean, where in the chain is it placed , does the output, and tone, depend of the master volume ?

what kind of cab simulation is it ?

Thanks !

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5548 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

How the XLR works depends on whether you're in full power mode or low power mode.

In full power mode, it's tapped off the transformer, so it's the last thing in the chain, and it is affected by the master volume. The tone would change depending on where the master volume is because it is coming after the power tubes. As far as the cab simulation, I believe it's the same cab emulation in the POD HD.

In low power mode, the tone would not change with the master volume knob and the XLR output would essentially be a fully modeled signal. That is, everything in the chain would be digitally modeled.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 lef38

lef38

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's right , i should have mentionned I'm in full power. OK thanks for the clarification.

Regarding the cab simulation, if technically i understand it's similar to the Pod , it doesn't say which cab+mic settings is in use. Any idea ?

#4 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5548 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Regarding the cab simulation, if technically i understand it's similar to the Pod , it doesn't say which cab+mic settings is in use. Any idea ?

The cab simulation defaults to match the amp model selected, and I believe the default mic model is the SM57 on axis (not entirely sure on that, though). With the 2.0 firmware update, you can actually select any cab and mic model you want through MIDI.

http://line6.com/med...evA_English.pdf

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#5 lef38

lef38

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Excellent ! Thank you!

#6 tscoolberth

tscoolberth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

The cab simulation defaults to match the amp model selected, and I believe the default mic model is the SM57 on axis (not entirely sure on that, though). With the 2.0 firmware update, you can actually select any cab and mic model you want through MIDI.

http://line6.com/med...evA_English.pdf

Sold! I'm buying one .. goodbye trusty old Spider Valve MK1.

JTV-89, ESP-LTD Hex-7, Schecter V-1, Jackson RR3, Jackson KVXMG, Douglas Hadron 7 string

Laney IRT Studio head, Jet City 1x12" cab

Line 6 Spider Valve MK1 w/ Strymon pre-amp mod .

Mustang 1 15w practice amp with Celestion spkr upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users