#1 Trajkan

Trajkan

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

Hi!

I picked up my POD 2.0 from the drawer after not being used for 1 year. I start it up with my 9V AC power supply but it only lights up a 0 and the I cant do anything more.

Cant seem to get it to work anymore... Is there anything I can do or do i have to buy a new one?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

#2 amx05462

amx05462

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3516 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

well id  open it  up and   geta can of  that dust off  stuff  and  spray the entire  board   then try it  again.  at this  point  what have  you got to loose. also   if your  in a moist environment     and  that doesnt work  try  tossing in a few  desecant  packs  and  let it  dry out  for  a month. yould  be  surprised  that the   little  bit  of  moisture can mess up electronics.  my brother   has done this  many times  and   i can tell you  it  works, again what have  you got to loose  at this  point .   do not  use  any kind   of contact  cleaner  though . bad  news  for  circut  boards

#3 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2889 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Registered Products:21

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

There is also a CMOS battery inside the unit that powers the internal memory.  It can go bad after time (years).  It is about the size of a quarter.  You'll need to be handy with a soldering iron to replace it.

#4 BillBee

BillBee

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2483 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Registered Products:8

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

and I would double check the power supply to make sure a) its the right specs B) try a different one - just in case it went bad.

Smell the glove.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod 2.0, line 6, does not work